Subject Author Posted Replies

Roy Had A Great Show Today
One of his more interesting ones, far as I'm concerned. Had a goy on that makes reproduction carved boxes. Missed the first few minutes, so not sure where the guy is from, perhaps Williamsburg. Nice...
4
4

JDS Cyclones
Is anyone using the 2 and 3 HP cyclone dust collectors from JDS? If so, any feedback would be appreciated.
1
1

A fun day at Woodcraft
The new Woodcraft store had its grand opening yesterday and today, they have been open about 2 months. Have you ever seen 80 cars and trucks parked in front of a Woodcraft store before? I talked to...
28
28

My solution to a solid work bench.
I have 1 stall of a two car garage to park my motorcycle and set up my various woodworking and metal working tools. My benches aren't the best looking things but they are solid and portable. Since I...
5
5

Redwood
My father built a solid round redwood picknictable 35 years ago.I have sanded it a half a dozen times,along with the 5 benches that go around problem is what clear finish to put on it.We have tried...
8
8

Discovered loose pulley when installing link belt on table saw. How to fix?
Hi. I finally decided to replace my table saw drive belt with a link belt. When I removed the belt cover I discovered that the pulley was loose on the motor shaft. The only thing keeping it on was the...
11
11

Dust Collector Question
I have a HF dust collector I have highly modified. What I did was took it apart, threw away everything but the impeller and put a cyclone inline and ported the dust outside the building into a...
6
6

countertop
I recently installed a countertop and when sawing I chiped a small piece of the flamica. Any ideal how to repair without replaceing the coutertop.
2
2

Finishing Oak - Help wanted
Call me dumb! I finished making a table leg for a friend that said the table was oak. Come to find out it is maple. Now the problem. How to stain the wood an American Oak and not have the grain show...
11
11

Dust catcher and zero clearance insert for Hatachi C10FL table saw
rec.woodworking, Great dust catcher to use with 4" or 2 1/2" vacuums. I used a 90 degree ABS black plastic and then anchord it to the cross brace on the back of the saw. Very little mess to clean up...
1
1

Tracing a complex contour...?
Howdy, I recently saw a very simple design for a stand for a banjo... I could make one in a flash as it is essentially a plywood box, about 20" X 14" X 8", with a padded hole in the top in which the...
24
24

OT: why American businesses are in trouble
Japanese company (Toyota) and an American company (General Motors) decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River . Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the...
55
55

Which Makita cordless drill/driver?
Thanks for all the help with my previous posting. I'm going with a Makita based on my own prior experience with them, and recommendations posted here. Now it's just coming down to tradeoffs with...
3
3

Shop Fox Bench Pin Router
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has one of these and their opinion. was thinking of buying one but haven't found much for feedback on this pin router. Thanks in advance, Dave
2
2

OT Giving 100%
This is a strictly mathematical viewpoint...it goes like this: What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have...
6
6