Subject Author Posted Replies

Free furniture plans including a shop floor plan
Anyone interested in 3D furniture plans will find a number on my web site, free to download. Also you can download a floor plan of my workshop. This may be useful to anyone designing there own shop;...
2
2

Fix a broken guitar neck?
My son's guitar (a reasonably good one ~$500) got the top of it's neck broken while he was moving home from college. I'm not a guitar player, so excuse the poor component terminaology. It broke near...
28
28

Joinery
Hi Martin, I guess your apology is a result of anti-spammers e-mailing your client. I saw your ad and for the most part ignored it, but not because I thought it was spam; it didn't apply to me. Others...
2
2

Flat Reference Surface To Tuning Wooden Planes
Hi, I need a hard flat surface about 6" x 12+" for tuning my wooden planes. Heavy glass is commonly used but I haven't found a source (just outside Boston). Japan Woodworker sells a granite block for...
22
22

Fixing A Table To The Floor
Hi, I just finished a table for my daughter. Its dimensions (48"w x 17"d x 37"h) make it too easy to tip over for my comfort. She is in an apartment so nailing it down is out of the question. She...
17
17

Porter Cable 4212 Report
As a treat to myself, I had my wife buy me a 4212 dovetail jig for Christmas. It has a lot of whistles and bells and I had wanted one for a while. The week after Christmas, I finally got a chance to...
27
27

10" SCMS or 12" CMS -- Which would you keep?
That has been my experience, also. Fine for rough cuts, but those I've seen just don't serve the purpose for cutting to final size. Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
18
18

oval picture frames question
i have been searching for a tutorial or other info on making oval pic frames. i haven't had much luck. any suggestions greatly appreciated. thank you
1
1

OT: Personally, I love women....
How many atomic power wedgies did Bill Kristol receive as a kid? BILL KRISTOL: Look, the only people for Hillary Clinton are the Democratic establishment and white women. The Democratic establishment...
1
1

Table Saw Crosscut Sled Rear Fence Material
I am building my first crosscut sled from the David J Mark's plans. For the rear fence, which I consider the most important part, I am considering maple. The trouble is that a 4' piece of 8/4 maple,...
11
11

O/T: Crabs
Angela has four older brothers in Nova Scotia who are all lobster fishermen. She tells a story about getting sick and tired of lobster sandwiches in school while the rich kids had peanut butter. She...
41
41

Woodsplitter
What is the name of the wood splitter that Roy Underhill uses? It has a handle on one end, a blade that's about 15 inches long, and a place on the other end to strike with a mallet? I'd like to get...
7
7

newbie ? re: Routing
I plan to rout a 1/4 inch groove halfway through the two vertical sides of a desk and put in a half shelf of 1/4 inch oak. I want to roundover the outer end to fit the rounded part of the routed...
3
3

HID Kit 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee check the quality before you pay
In you can check the quality before you pay,The detailed information following: 1) Paypal us the UPS charges before the shipment. 2) Ship the items out. 3) Get the items and check its quality. 4)...

Ordered first dovetail jig
Greetings All, I was waffling between the PC 4212, the new Omnijig and Leigh jig. After thinking for a while, I went with the 4212 for $169 inc shipping from Amazon. I went this route because I mainly...
3
3