Subject Author Posted Replies

Restoration work on very old wood
Interesting!
1

Fuming Purpleheart
Fuming is generally done to fix or change the color. I've used purpleheart a couple of times and had no problems with glueing. It did not seem particularlly oily (like the cocobolo I used once), but...
3
3

wood spots
Are you sure it doesn't have a finish??? How big are the spots? Shape? Can you get pictures? The more details the better the responses. Did it get wet? Are the spots growing? Anything you do probably...
3
3

spots on wood furniture
I have a cherry and maple bed. It does not have a finish on it. I have noticed a couple of spots on the bed that are like ash colored, I'm wondering what this is. I'm wondering if it's because I need...

Anyone have a Central Machinery / Harbor Freight Bench Top DP?
I suggest dialing 1-800-444-3353 and ask them. Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
3
3

Questions about a Leigh D3
From what I understand, the D4 could have been named the D3.1. IIRC the D3 can be upgraded with a kit through Leigh to virtually give it the same features as the D4. Your friend was correct about set...
6
6

Where do you buy your tool?
I have found that if you go to the manufacturers web site and click on "where to buy" you tend to get reputable, authorized, and decent pricing. I recently bought a Garman GPS and used Garmin's,...
24
24

Broken Makita Cordless Drill
> Anyone had any experience contacting Makita on how to get a drill Yep, they are down the street about a mile. Did a good job. YMMV Lew
9
9

Found A Great Little Item
You can accomplish the same results (protecting the corners of casework) while transporting from your shop to the job site by temporarily nailing a scrap piece across the vulnerable sections. Joe G
2
2

Table saw blade height gauge
And, in fact, it does. But I assumed everyone on here was smart enough to figure out for themselves the parts of the process I did not describe. Was I wrong?
13
13

What we do around here...
=A0The spindles are similar to a drill Joe, how hard would it be to make an drill-press adaptor with either 3,5 or 7 bits all of 5 mm size and 32 mm apart? Bradpoints.
6
6

OT: What's Up With Kansas?
>> That was what I saw when I followed the link. Perhaps one is required to register with the site and login or something. 'Though if that were the case, there should be some message to that effect. I...
36
36

What is it? CCXVIII
Hey! I got on of those in the heap outback.
19
19

DELTA HORIZONTAL BORING MACHINE
DELTA HORIZONTAL BORING MACHINE. MODEL 32-350 WORKS EXCELLENT SELLING DO TO HEALTH REASONS. BITS INCLUDED PAID $2000.00 NEW SELLING FOR $800.00 CALL 207-364-2869

Tenoning Jig
I'm looking at heavy duty tenoning jigs, and it appears that they don't have a way to make the cheek cuts, just shoulder cuts. Or am I just not finding the ones that make boths cuts? Thanks, S.
4
4