Subject Author Posted Replies

Wood source around Wichita KS area.
AFAIK one of the last (fairly) local lumber shops, Woodsworks Quality Hardwoods down in Oxford, is going out of business. They couldn't find a buyer who could close the deal so they're selling out all...
5
5

solid-wood dining chair seat
I'm planning to make several dining chairs. The seat will be the most challenging part and the key part of the chair since it will need to firmly secure all the legs and back spindles. I need to start...
4
4

2x4 Birdcage
Dunno if this was already posted, but ... The Cellar Image of the Day

Ironwood
I've just lucked (?) into a few small turning blocks of ironwood from Arizona. I'm wondering if there is anything special I need to know before putting them on the lathe. I was advised that there will...
8
8

Epoxy
Using 1 hour loctite 2 part epoxy. Seems to dry brittle. Normal? I have little choice but to use epoxy as at -5/-15 F my shop can just hold 40. I glue and after about 4 hours bring it into house still...
12
12

Have you made your own card scraper?
After way too long, I decided to "sacrifice" an old saw that I had and made a scraper out of it. Actually made two. It was a small saw. I read a couple of articles about sharpening and followed them...
11
11

Special Hinges
I recently acquired a cabinet from my parents. They bought this cabinet in the 70's before I was born so it is over 30 years old. It's quite a nice cabinet with a lot of memories (like when I pulled...
2
2

surplus ipe decking FS Orlando
I caught an ad in the Orlando Sentinel I'm passing on to you folks. somebody is advertising for sale 43 pieces of 2x6x12 ipe decking,for $15.00! To me,that seems like a bargain for a hobbyist...
3
3

ideal power switch
I've been pondering this as I use the various tools in my shop. I've thought of some qualities my "ideal" power switch would have, and I thought I'd share my thoughts. * Recessed ON button. I don't...
14
14

volume
Is everyone on vacation? Postings have gone from over 150-300 a day down to 50-100 a day. I suspected my news server so went to Google to see how many articles they had - same thing. Was ist los?
19
19

Scary Sharp Vs. Stone Grit Size...?
Howdy, I was perplexed because the resulting edge seemed so much better when I sharpened my leather working round knives on 2000 grit paper as compared with a 7000 grit waterstone. But then I realized...
7
7

Insuring my new table saw is within spec
90% sure I am getting the Griz 1023sl. What should I measure and what measurement tools should I buy? Thanks! D'ohBoy
2
2

Lynn Jig, help
Hi all, I am new to woodworking. I built this jig over the weekend, and it works. What I can't figure out is how to use it correctly; I spent the better part of Sunday trying to make a box joint. I...
9
9

The tire came off my B.S.
Hello Lowell, What was the composition of the tire that fell off? Was it urethane or neoprene? It sounds like your replacement tire was urethane based on the heating ritual to install it. How many...
7
7

OT: On my desktop this morning:
it is amazing the power and short comings of greed as in, a rich mans wealth is his greatest strength while a poor mans poverty his only curse. ross
15
15