Subject Author Posted Replies

dorking show in NJ this weekend
See you all in the Garden State this weekend. http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/somerset.asp
2

AKEDA Dovetail Jig Closeout Deal
I'm finally getting to putting together a review of my AKEDA dovetail jig and happened to check the price on the WoodCraft site. When I bought it - on a "closeout deal", the jig and the "DC...
17
17

Dust Collector??
I work as a woodshop teacher. We are looking to purchase a good dust collection system. We have about $6000.00 to spend. I was wondering if anyone would suggest one main unit and run a series of lines...
5
5

Desk Chair
I went shopping to replace my current desk chair and didn't like anything I found available. I want one with the usual features, pneumatic height adjustment, back and seat angle adjustments. Does...
5
5

What is it? CCXIX
Number 1224 is the only unidentified item this week, maybe someone will know what piece of equipment it was used with. http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
35
35

Darkest Wood Stain?
I'm searching for the darkest wood stain I can find, and would appreciate any recommendations. Is staining to black even possible? Thanks. Darren Harris Staten Island, New York
9
9

clamping cauls
Can anyone share thier preferences as to what sizes to make some clamping cauls? I know that length is adjustable but what about width and thickness? Are some sizes better than others? Also is...
2
2

Starrett Pocket Charts
Hello: I have 100 sets of 5"X 8" Starrett pocket charts. [ tap drill and metric conversion ] I also have 50 pocket rigging charts {Riggers Digest]. They are free. If anyone would like a set.? Please...
1
1

OT: Misc. Ramblings.
There's been some bitching that things are slow in here. That is perfect timing as I am full-up in production again after a tedious healing of a hernia op. Business is traditionally slow this time of...
107
107

Router Table Questions????????
I am wondering what are some of the most important features that you look for in a router table? My second question is, if you could make any improvements to the current router table systems that are...
10
10

What's up with Sawmill Creek forum
Anyone know whats up with Sawmill Creek Woodworking Forum? All I get is a home page to There is a forum link but it just goes to another page of links to fine woodworking magazine forum. Anyone able...
8
8

hardwood source Minneapolis, MN area.
Returning to cabinet and furniture building ( House remodel). Looking for good quality hardwood at a reasonable price In the Minneapolis area. My the local outlet are all gone.
14
14

Suggestions for veneer sandthrough?
Here's my problem(52 x 19 top). Wrapped 3/4" cherry ply with 7/8" x 2.5" maple hardwood. Mitered corners, very tight and beautiful. decided to "chamfer" the edge 8 degrees with my tablesaw. Built a...
2
2

jin-di-sugi advice
The current issue of FW has a little information on the Japanese weathering technique of jin-di-sugi, as executed by Kevin Rodel. John Scott Bradstreet was fond of it as well. Anyone have any...

Size of base of pedestal table?
OK, all you math wizards, here's one for you: Given a pedestal table with a top diameter of Dtop, a bottom diameter Dbottom, and a height H, define a function f() such that Dbottom = f(Dtop, H). You...
12
12