Subject Author Posted Replies

I know it says wiring, but please read :)
As I've slowly started to replace my questionable tools with bigger/ better/faster, I've generally switched to 3 phase (table saw, planer, jointer, dp and dust collection are all 3 phase now). To this...
10
10

Router Jigs 101
I just finished these, and took pictures. I've been clockking in every couple of days or so, checking the first couple of posts, getting discouraged, and leaving. Geez guys, even if your are new at...
3
3

Router top
I'm planning to use my workmate bench to support a 3/4 MDF 36"x36" router top when in use, off when its not. Would I have to double the thickness? The top and bottom will be Formica and sides would...
2
2

re: OT drywall ceiling
Thanks for all your inputs. I get to remove some more old wiring that had been replaced with new wiring. Now I get to add more wiring for more lights, open the kitchen doorway 18" with entails moving...

UHMW polyethylene
Been reading some stuff posted to this group about UHMW polyethylene. Using a band saw, should I use a wood cutting blade instead of metal cutting blade? Use inserts to make sure the cut doesn't close...
5
5

Front porch decking solved. I think
That freeze-up issue in another thread has found a solution? Mor Electric Heating is a stocking distributor of Easy Heat
2
2

3/4 hollow chisel mortising attachment for a Delta mortiser?
Is there a 3/4" attachment for the Delta mortiser out there somewhere? I did a quick search of the usual sources, but only found CMT with a 3/4 diameter shank. Unfortunately the Delta has a 5/8 shank....
5
5

Things to come?
Often it has been discussed how to best collect dust created by a SCMS or CMS. The answer has almost always been, it cannot be done with great results. Many have shown devised setups that seem to work...
40
40

Organizing shop (what to do with all those little screws.....?)
Greetings All, I'm trying to get a handle on straightening up my shop/basement and need an idea or three on how to keep hardware organized, but not hidden. I'm sure you all are like me, with all sorts...
18
18

Mortise Pal
Hi: Anyone have experience with the Mortise Pal mortising jig.?? I am ready to purchase but would like to have some first-hand user/owner comments. John
7
7

Bali Best a Ways
Budget Villas and Ubud Accommodation Puri Asri Villa & Spa is a budget villa and accommodation. Beautifully located in Ubud, Bali and built in Balinese Architecture and has a private garden, lush...

WingNUTS!
I at Lowes looking for hardware for my latest woodworking project yesterday. It seems I can get hex nuts for $0.08 ea, but wing nuts cost almost $1 ea! I don't understand it, what makes the wing nut...
20
20

Dewalt DW788 Scroll Saw Problem
I've never done any scroll sawing and didn't want to invest in a new high quality scroll saw until I am comfortable with the skill. I bought a used DW788 for $100.00 knowing it needed some repairs....
3
3

Gluing up tight miter joints
I have been doing some experiments with scrap wood on techniques to get tight miter joints prior to doing the real thing on my project. This technique worked well for me so I thought I would pass it...

I think my new splitter just paid for itself
I installed my new splitter the other day: a spruce 2x4 it tried to close up on me: turned off the saw and lifted the board away. The splitter came with it: 'm sure it would've kicked back without the...
17
17