Subject Author Posted Replies

Skil may have something worth taking a second look at.
Betcha the Domino has an auto lockdown feature on it when it gets by Chinese tools.... Robert
31
31

Link - wood characteristics
Stumbled across this while looking for, well, something like this. characteristics for nearly 200 different woods. http://www.tis-gdv.de/tis_e/misc/holzart.htmjc

Tambours (roll-tops)
That my friend, is when you are still having fun doing woodworking. Good for you. Robert
19
19

Which Small Drum Sander?
I lost a Delta Sander (31-250) in a flood and went to replace it only to find that Delta has discontinued their drum sander line. Performex seems to have become Jet now, and Grizzly has come out with...
12
12

My clever trick
Sometimes when I write down a dimension on a plan, say the width of a piece, I might write 1-1/4" but what I actually mean is 1-1/4" minus the thickness of a stabilizer plus the difference between a...
31
31

Sawz-All Blades
What brand of sawz-all blades do you professionals like?
9
9

None of you really know, huh?
The answer is: So?
3
3

UHMW polyethylene more abrasion resistant than carbon steel?
I had high hopes for this stuff. Ordered UHMW polyethylene tube part number 8705K141 from McMaster-Carr. Banged it on the end of a bolt and it left marks on the tube. So the high impact resistance is...
10
10

Need wood finishing advice!
Hi guys, I'm not a member of this group and this is my first post. Forgive me if I've posted incorrectly. I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I am restoring an old pinball machine...
9
9

Mitering Large Width Boards
Part of my kitchen remodeling involves cutting and mitering really nice stained 6" wide molding boards that cover the gap between the top of the wall cabinets and the ceiling. They are installed...
20
20

New SketchUp Woodworking Forum
SketchUp has put up a new forum for woodworkers. Go to and check it out. Joe.... http://www.sketchucation.com/forums/scf/viewforum.php?f=156 Home page of Swamp Road Wood Works, where we build custom &...
2
2

Re: Spam Blockers - The Best Way To Kill Spam?(spam blockers)
Oh, the irony.
5
5

Table lift for Ryobi RE 601
I use a Ryobi RE 601 router on my router table. (I have a DeWalt 618K for hand routing). Here's a link to the Ryobi: 'd like to get a lift for my router table but most of the lifts I've seen fit the...
1
1

Hanging a Shelf Mantel
Any suggestions on concealled hanging methods for attaching a shelf- type mantel to a brick hearth? I was thinking of a cleat system where a cleat attached to the brick would mate with a mortise cut...
4
4

Career Opportunity / Worldwide Recruitment
hello everbody, this is tony who selling HID Conversion Kit. nice to meet you. right now, we want to expand our business, so we need your assistance. your job is very simple, you just need to look for...