Subject Author Posted Replies

World's hardest, easy geometry problem.
Some of you have, no doubt, seen this little nugget. (NO cheating with AutoCAD, or Google.) World's Hardest Easy Geometry Problem
16
16

Matching Wood Tones in Modern Apartment???
I am trying to create a minimalist, high-contrast interior, complimenting my wood cabinets, hardwood floors and wood doors. I'll have very dark colored kitchen cabinets (cherry wood stained dark...
1
1

What type of finish should I put on my handmade mallet to increase its resilience?
Howdy all, I just finished my first attempt at a wooden mallet (round head) to occasionally use around my shop. Its nothing fancy, mainly for utility - I'm thinking I'll use it mostly for assembly and...
3
3

Rouiter
I need another router my old craftsman is beyond repair ( I will try ) one of the old ones over 25 years. So I'm thinking about another new router I recently bought I have a Porter- cable 6911 and...
13
13

Taming my Craftsman 10" Radial Arm Saw.
I have a 10" Delta table saw that has a motor about to die. Recently built a slide table for it that is very precise and smooth. It will crosscut to 25". In the meantime, I bought a 10" Craftsman...

Need Parts Supplier
I just picked up a Jet JWS-34L shaper without any spindles, need a source for spindles, collet adapters, MANUAL, and other possible missing parts. Anyone have a good source for replacment parts??...
6
6

Pineywood Derby - District Finals
Little Dude got Second Place in his District today. He is happy. This is his last Pineywood Derby Race. His Daddy is happy. The car was made of wood. Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
12
12

How to handle telemarketers
How to handle telemarketers One thing that has always bugged me, and I'm sure it does most of you, is to sit down at the dinner table only to be interrupted by a phone call from a telemarketer. I...
48
48

Scary Sharp - Wet/Dry with Water?
Probably a silly question. When sharpening a plane or chisel using "SS". is the wet/dry sandpaper actually used with water, or is it used dry?
5
5

MDF vs. Hardboard
So...I need to make a cross cut sled and I have made them in the past using tempered hardboard that was smooth on both sides...I'm having a very hard time finding that stock now, altho I can find...
24
24

Right-angle drills
I looked online at Milwaukee and Dewalt and was surpsrised the the specs didn't show the distance from the tip of the chuck to the back of the drill. I stopped at Lowes last night and measured the...
19
19

Review - Lee Valley Toolbox Ends
Hi all, Just made myself a nice toolbox using the Lee Valley toolbox ends. Interesteing product. You can read my review here: it helps! If someone new to woodworking was to ask me which tool they...
11
11

O/T: Music
As an addendum to a recent thread on music. Tonight was one of those nights. Needed to test out the sound system of the new puter, so blew the dust off a box of CDs and found some Patsy Cline. I had...
3
3

Review - Milescraft 3D Router Pantograph
Hi all, just posted a review of this router pantograph. Interesting tool and great for sign making on a budget. it helps! Love building stuff? Learn about the AmpTech Deep Cycle Battery on OTR - the...

true tool humor
TOOLS AND THEIR USES -- DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings your beer across the...
1
1