Subject Author Posted Replies

what goes up must come down
now if they could figure out how to blow up a pile of wood and screws and become a building that would be something i think that the new stadium is there in the background they put up a temp wall...
17
17

Re: OT: Need an 18650 flashlight?
... a bit over 10 bucks but IMO the best 'budget' torches by far Convoy C8 LED flashlights $18.42 $$13.99 Convoy S2+ LED flashlights $12.98 $12.99 18650 batteries Li-ion & Ni-MH smart chargers While...
1
1

Don't Buy This Blade
I have a lot of plywood to cut for my bookcase project, so I thought I'd try this blade. For $10, I didn't really expect much, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Never tried a 200 tooth blade before....
57
57

SEARS deal spotting
Went to SEARS as they had a driver set I wanted on sale at a pretty decent price. While there, I found they have a lot of items dramatically marked d own, unadvertised, in store only. One of the...
14
14

mesh shelves instead of wood
made a lumbber rack recently and used some galvanized welded mesh instead of solid wood for the shelf for few reasons makes it easy to see from underneath what is on the bottom easy to keep it clean...
7
7

Pegboard storage
The local model railroad club has a lot of scenery materials in bags and peanut butter-sized (and slightly larger) containers. The existing pegboard is already overloaded, so I was thinking about a...
5
5

techshop gone
could not create a sustainable business model and is gone all the us locations are closed was sad to hear about this because a lot of people were able to access equipment that they just would not have...
25
25

which cutoffs for firewood
starting to weed through my cutoffs to narrow down what i keep since i have too much but i just thought that some of the woods might produce toxic smoke is it true that woods that are tricky to work...
15
15

Ping Mike: Pine Plywood
This is interesting, Home Depot vs Lowes. Here is the stuff from my local Home Depot: It's called Radiata Pine Plywood. I've put my hands and eyes on. 6 Ply, $31.98 Here's the Lowe's page. The bottom...
12
12

ripping four by fours
in the past i just let it rip because for a bunny hutch or chicken coop it did not matter but i really never thought about it to rip a four by four in half what is the better cut to make blade...
3
3

OT: Should I Buy This Generator?
Winter is coming. Last year we had 2 weather related power outages. I borrowed 3500W generator and ran my furnace, fridge and a couple of lights with it for about 24 hours. The more I spend on a...
22
22

quiz which end goes into the chipper first
very horrific accident not sure of the details but usually this happens when the tree is not put in root first but there are other ways it can happen too like a snag on to a coat sleeve
2
2

Stanley Router
So I was going through the tools I brought home from my parents condo, the tool I remember my dad using was his router a Stanley 8-B. It is still in running condition has a bit in it that is sharp. It...
14
14

dry rot
always thought dry rot was not a process that could be stopped or fixed other than by replacing but is that true or are there products that will fix dry rot have always just removed and replaced
2
2

Festool Coupon
Have you guys used your Festool Coupons yet? Looking for suggestions, I don't really want another sander or vacuum. Puckdropper