Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacement Dust Collector bags
I saw somewhere that some company is selling the plastic bags the fit dust collectors and was wondering if any of you knew what the company was. I know that Delta makes them, and JDS too, but I think...
12
12

Router table top
Would the new 3/4 Phenolic Plywood avail. at Woodcraft be a better solution than 2 pcs. of 3/4 MDF laminated both sides? The top is part of a table saw extension mounted on plates running the length...
3
3

Composite Doors, French Doors, uPVC Doors, Bifolding Doors Available in Wide Range at Essex, UK
Discount rated composite doors, french doors, uPVC doors, double doors, PVC doors, bifolding doors, sliding doors, composite stable doors, bi fold doors, uPVC french doors, sliding doors, GRP...

Re: What's up with Channel Lock drills?
Check out Cooper Industries. In recent years they have turned into a holding company scooping up lots of tool companies with good brand identification. Pretty sure they bought up the Vice-Grip product...
21
21

Tenoning jig recommendations
I'm looking to buy a tenoning jig for my table saw. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to look for / buy / or stay away from? Thanks Steve
6
6

small top
I posted a photo of a small top on ABPW that some here might be interested in seeing... particularly those who do small items. John

top
I posted a photo of a small top on ABPW that some here might be interested in seeing... particularly those who do small items. John
1
1

Questions: Bosch 1132VSR, Makita DA3000R
I'm in the market for one of these or any other small right-angle drill. Bosch 1132VSR: Is the on-off switch a slide type switch? Does the switch turn off when you let go or do you have to pull it...
10
10

Thanks charlie b and others
Thanks for answering my rambling questions about Robland X31 combo machines. I took delivery of a nice used one this week. I have only had time to run boards through the table saw, jointer, planer. So...

The Man Who Planted Trees
If you work with wood you often develop an interest in the trees from whence it comes. And at some point, you get beyond - the wood of this tree is good to work with - and start seeing the trees as...
8
8

Yellow glue - Lee Valley ? $$$$!
I was getting an order together for Lee Valley today and saw that they sell "Lee Valley Cabinetmaker's Glue 2002 GF" for approximately $50 a gallon. Am I missing something, or does this seem really,...
31
31

Bamboo
I would like to try using bamboo. Does anyone have any experience with this?. What are the pros and cons? Where would I go to buy it? Thanks?
4
4

Festool Kpax Sliding Compound Miter Saw
I got my 2008 Festool catalog in today. New to come in 2008 is the new sliding compound miter saw. Pretty cool and lots'a nice feature I have not seen on other saws. Pricing is pretty steep but...
5
5

A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper.
A walk-along circular saw plywood ripper. I put a 4 foot handle on a circular saw. It was attached to a plywood plate and a right angle edge, that positions the blade exactly 10" from a ripping guide....
56
56

Short Taper.. Long leg
I'm building a bookcase from a "measured drawing" from a old FWW book. It is just a line drawing and a picture or two, but enough measurements to make the case. The guy tapered the lower legs on the...
9
9