Subject Author Posted Replies

polish wooden knife scales /handles
HI all, I'm trying to fnd the most effective wway of finishing off the wooden knife scales. I've tried rouge and then buffing but this doesn't seem to be very effective. I've tried a very very fine...
5
5

New 24x40 shop
Is it practical to place all the major dust making machines around the dust collector? Like the wagon trains of old, when attacked. Seems like all the vertical DC pipes would get in the way, if spread...
23
23

Doorway trim opinion needed
I have widen the kitchen door way almost twice the width, non load bearing wall. After installing the trim and putting the fidge back, it sticks out about an inch from the trim, I forgot the fridge...
6
6

Dyes and glue-up
I've been experimenting with dyes recently, something I've never tried before. I'm about to get started on a first project with dyed wood and I wonder about glue-up. Can I dye a piece of wood and then...
4
4

Removing wood panels in cabinet doors
Hello, We're revamping our kitchen cabinet, and having doors with rails and curved stiles we would like to cut out the center panels and replace them with glass. I know it's just a matter of cutting...
4
4

library chair steps plans
Looking for a plan for the library chair/steps that I can modified to fit my grand-daughter. Free would be nice, did a google and came up with lots of $$ plans. Any suggestions?
2
2

Pivoting router table fence makes box joints
Recently I developed some software to assist in making box joints on a router table using a simple pivoting fence. The software prints out a custom template for setting the free end of a pivoting...
6
6

Cradle plans
There are lots of cradle plans available on the internet, but I am looking for one type in particular. I remember that once upon a time there were plans available for a 'double rocking cradle'. That's...
2
2

OT: disappointed Swingman
Looking at my run schedule trying to decide what local races to run balance of the year, was thinking about the Fulton Festival 5K in June, noticed that your band was playing that night, thought I'd...
4
4

Wireless N Routers
I often use my laptop in the shop (OBWW). I was using a Netgear router and had indifferent connectivity in the shop. The shop is about fifty feet on line of sight from the router and is at a point at...
21
21

Reverse Crown Moulding
What is "reverse crown moulding" as compared to, I guess "normal" crown moulding? Tks
2
2

Should I use polyurethane over bolid linseed oil?
I finished oak desk with two coats of boiled linseed oil. Should I protect it with polyurethane?
14
14

wood glue, waterproof and cheap
I want a * low priced* ' waterproof ' glue to glue some wood together out in the garden. Thats in all weathers, (London u.k. which means: rainy). I went to Wickes and bought a tub of white PVA '...
23
23

Happy birfday to me...
I'm off to do some fine dining Sunday... courtesy of Angela. I'll have a snifter of brandy and raise it to all you wreckers. Happy birfday to me Happy birfday to me Happy birfday to me r
28
28

How to spray shellac?
I'm ready to try spraying white pigmented shellac as a seal coat for painted cabinets. I'm tired of trying to brush it on because of the very rough finish that then has to be sanded. I know I'll never...
3
3