Subject Author Posted Replies

Pull-style planes
I'm thinking about getting a plane that's made to be pulled and was wondering what you users out there recommend. I'm looking for one that's not hugely expensive, but of high enough quality to give me...
2
2

jessi
Check out our new site! Sexy Hair is cool, hip and edgy with distinguished brand names including Big Sexy Hair, Short Sexy, Straight Sexy Hair, Healthy Sexy ... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^...

HELP: making boards from a tree trunk
About ten years ago I cut down a "Silver Dollar" eucalyptus tree in my front yard. I cut the trunk into rounds about 18" - 24" long, the diameter ranged from 14" to maybe 20". I tried splitting them...
4
4

Shapton Glass Stone vs. Professional?
I just got the Lee Valley Low Angle smoothing plane, and LOVE it. Very easy to use out of the box, and very sharp. Now I have to get a few more blades so I change change angles to work with different...
9
9

Re: Why are plywood plugs oval shaped?
Too_Many_Tools wrote in news:a6c0ec25-e3da- If you're talking about the "footballs" they use in plywood repairs, my guess would be physics. A circular plug would be able to spin, while a oval shaped...
22
22

ANN: My bookmark collection has moved
My links and bookmarks have been moved from and are now at 622 woodworking related links, and counting. You can now submit links online rather than emailing me, and it's easier to search for them. djb

It's official--no more Argentinian hardwoods from CWG.
Was in over the weekend and asked. No reason given and I had the impression that the guy didn't want to talk about it so I didn't press him. No more black mesquite, no more KD cabinet grade ipe, no...

Walnut Eastern CT
Anyone in the Eastern CT or RI area interested in some black walnut? I have 8 planks about 7.5' and another 11 about 10.5' in length. Its been cut and stacked for two years. Live edge on all of it....
1
1

Some people shouldn't DIY (rant)
Started tearing the old roof of the garage, which had been built by the previous owner of the property. So far, after raking and sweeping off all the leaves and topsoil I could reach from a scaffold...
21
21

Porch Swings at RedEnvelope
Porch Swings at RedEnvelope Shop our sport and games gift collection for gifts for every age. 's - Porch Swings Shop Lowe's for outdoor furniture & accessories. Lowe's has a huge online selection of...
2
2

Muffler box for shop vac
It was a year old Shop Vac brand so I think chances of fire from the motor running too long are pretty slim. Still possible of course and I'm thankful. The only thing to keep running is the heater but...
4
4

Tung oil stone
I was applying tung oil on a wooden chair outdoors and got some tiny drops of tung oil on our flagstone. I would like to know if 1) I can remove the oil through some manageable method (ie, power...
6
6

Apitong...
What is the closest thing to it in a typical wood? Oak, Ironwood, Teak, etc? Until today, I had never heard of this... Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic...
6
6

Stick Templating
the thin strips allow you to scribe walls individually rather than having to fit the whole thing in one shot. hot glue and brads or staples seems to be the ticket for a quick strong lightweight...
10
10

Craigslist Phoenix TOOLS!
I saw this on CL this morning. Looks like some good buys. NOT MY STUFF. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/tls/669586920.htmlcm