Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Sink Hole in small Texas town east of Houston
It has made the national news now, a giant 500' x 600' x 150' deep sink hole has formed inside a small Texas town. It is sucking up vehicles, buildings and trees. Arial camera views from a helicopter...
32
32

Humidor
I need a bit of help. A friend of my just sent me an e-mail from his deployment in the MidEast and told me he is coming home on mid tour leave. While here he has been asked to build a presentation...
9
9

Fastening to metal studs
Hi all, I'm builing a cherry mantle for some friends, the floating type, made to be fastened directly to the wall above the fireplace. There are no sides, so no support from the floor. It weighs about...
37
37

Chopping wood for winter?
http://www.alastairheseltine.com/images/index/a.jpgMekon
4
4

sds drill with concrete spade bit on wood?
Has anyone tried using an sds drill with a spade concrete bit on wood? The bit would be sharpened into a chisel grind first. would it work? Wood sds chisels are hard to get here. thanks

clicker for Dust Gorilla
I have lost the clicker for my Dust Gorilla. Does anyone know if one can find a universal TV type clicker that would work with the on/off clicker for this machine. I hate to pay $77 for a new one....
10
10

OT - Solely in the interest of humanity...
... and, of course, all my wooddorking buds hereabouts, I've come to the decision (gallantly and altruistically if I may say so myself) to do ALL ya'll a BIG favor: Scientific analysis of some 40 +...
22
22

Polishing with Meguiars
Since it's raining today and I can't work on the roof, I worked on some indoor projects. I've been trying to get a good high gloss finish for ages. I think today I finally got the procedure down. Used...
2
2

Drying performance of large sinker cypress posts
I am looking at using a set of 12"x12" sinker cypress posts (9' tall) as outdoor architectural pieces for a project. Because of their size I can only get these pieces cut straight from a...

1/8 inch thick red oak?
Anyone know were I can get 1/8 inch thick red oak? I would like it in 2ft. by 4ft or so pieces, if possible. Thanks, Paul
10
10

OT Children's wood swing
My wife is wanting to replace our old metal swing form the kids. Do any of you know where free plans are or examples such as a good picture of a children's wooden "play area" could get an idea of what...
4
4

Tim Hortons fires an employee over one TimBit.
I don't care if there *is* more to the story... it is an outrage. A single mother of four has been fired from a Tim Hortons restaurant in London, Ont., for giving a free Timbit to a baby.
113
113

What is it? Set 231
Back to my normal schedule this week, the answers will be posted late tomorrow afternoon. http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
14
14

Band Saw Blade types?
I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. I have a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. Is there any websites that what blade you would use for different applications. I need...
9
9

ryobi router - whats the compatible drilling pattern?
I was hoping to get a pre-drilled router plate. Before I knew what I was doing, I snapped up a ryobi router/table combo a few months. I am not really happy with the table and am building an insert for...
4
4