Subject Author Posted Replies

glue vs pin nail strips of wood to veneer plywood?
I need to attach 4ft long strips of 1.5"x 3/8" QS White Oak to the surface of 1/4" QS White Oak veneer plywood. Can I attach it using construction adhesive or do I need to worry about shrinkage and...
9
9

OT: GPS
Some friends call their's Stella (Recall classic Star Trek and Mudd)
23
23

Porch Swing at Wal-Mart
Porch Swing at Wal-Mart Save on porch swings and other patio d??cor. Always low prices. Swings at RedEnvelope Shop our sport and games gift collection for gifts for every age. 's - Porch Swings Shop...
1
1

CFL's for Re: New Shop
First I'd like to thank ya'll for all the comments on laying out my new shop a few weeks ago. Very helpful. Altho I had thought of many of the items mentioned, it did help confirm, in my mind, HA! I...
1
1

"OT" How many here use Gmail?
I'm thinking seriously about KILLFILING all Gmail and was wondering how many actual use it to post????
11
11

OT: humor
This has nothing to do with wood and it's labeled OT. So no bitching or bellyaching. OTOH if you have a sense of humor
2
2

HVLP & Spraying Gloss/Semigloss Latex
I've had some success (finally!) with my Fuji 4-stage HVLP setup. I'm spraying latex paint, with the #4 orifice and needle. I thinned the paint with water to get the viscosity per the manual. It took...
16
16

LCD-TV stand Inspiration Needed
I'm looking for a TV stand inspiration for a 46" LCD. I need 3-4 shelves underneath. No doors. Curved legs? Through tennons? I haven't really found what I'm looking for design-wise. Arts-N-Crafts...
10
10

Have you heard of Bud Rosewood?
Bud Rosewood...I see it all the time as a material for chess pieces, but only there, even after googling around. So I am thinking this is a term invented somewhere in the chess manufacturing community...
3
3

Vermicomposting - Plans for a Worm Bin
Greetings and Salutations: FYI. As I am sure you know, you can use your kitchen scraps to make fertilizer for your garden / plants / etc. It also helps reduce the amount of garbage in our garbage...
5
5

OT - A Compendium of Puntifications
A Compendium of Puntifications 1. I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me. 2. Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest. 3. Did you hear about...
14
14

OT - the fun and games of "upgrading" (computerwise)
dayvo wrote in news:7c562acc-a2e8-4469-8799- Thanks all! I'll get back to this when I retire .
76
76

Saw Damaged in Shipment and a Q
My new Steel City arrived and I was unpacking it and noted that the packing crate (NOT a welded steel frame like shown on a woodworking web site but rather plywood) had taken a hit somewhere along the...
13
13

grinding down metal inlaid into wood
HI I'm putting some brass pins into wooden knife scales/handles for the first time, but I'm not sure how I can grind down the brass without damaging the wood. Any suggestions welcome! cheers DW
2
2

I had just finished congratulating myself
on making eight perfectly identical cuts. Pity they were all 100mm too short. Sometimes I wonder how I manage the laces on my shoes. Perhaps I should switch to velcro before that skill goes too. Mekon
12
12