Subject Author Posted Replies

making small hourglass-shaped rollers
Do you have a drill press? Might be safer to mount in a drill press and use a file ot 60 grit sand paper to get your profile.. Randy Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs...
2
2

Using Pressure Treated for Screen Frames
My wife built some flyscreens out of pressure treated slats that had been sitting in my closed-in store for several years, and were straight. No problems there, they haven't warpend in a couple of...
13
13

Jointmaker Pro... Anybody seen this before?
> Holy carp! http://www.bridgecitytools.com/blog/category/jointmaker-pro-stationary-hand-saw/
16
16

Framing Nailer
I've a re-engineered (for fence wire staples) Hauboldt staple gun that sometimes does that after a partial misfire, it may have to do with the piston not fully retracting - on that gun disconnecting...
5
5

OT: Tim Hortons Employee Fired Over Toonie In 1999
local news, entertainment, life, video and sports

"Curing" Shellac sealer coat?
I've searched a bit and read a lot (Jewitt, etc.) but can't find a direct answer to the following question: If I use a 1# cut of dewaxed shellac padded on as a seal coat (over a stain or even raw...
6
6

Belt sander behavior
OK, I took it back and spoke to the manager. It does indeed have the soft start feature, though he admitted it should've been mentioned in the packaging. Apparently, it's common, at least in Craftsman...
21
21

Oak or Maple for Cabinet legs
I'm trying to bring an old woodrail pinball machine, '55 Williams Three Deuces, back to life. Unfortunately, the wooden legs that came with the game aren't the correct ones. Rather than trying to...
2
2

Rounding over edge of thin hardwood strip
Good point, I'll try hot melt glue
14
14

SPAM Filtering
Anybody know of a decent we based or Mac newsreader that will allow me to block this god forsaken spam. This board has gotten out of control, bad enough we have every shoe made in China being...
1
1

refinishing wood floor
I'm looking ar refinishing our 8 year oad wood floor. They are solid strips which have never be refinished, SOme friends just had there floor refinished using a sander. The dust is everywhere like in...

O/T: Toilet Cleaning Instructions
Enjoy Lew +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Toilet Cleaning Instructions: 1. Put both lids of the toilet up and add 1/8 cup of pet shampoo to the water in the bowl. 2. Pick up the cat and soothe him...
6
6

Best wood to work with
What do you guys think is the best wood to use for woodwork ? Here in Sweden we mostly use birch( its easy to handle and carve in and it looks great(just check out the pic in the link above, maby...

O/T: Retirement
Enjoy +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Subject: What do you do in retirement I've often been asked, "what do you old guys do now that you're retired?" Well, I have a friend who has a chemical...
3
3

How did they do this
Somebody posted this site earlier for design ideas... Great design ideas and I love building benches, but how in the world did they create the top for this bench ??? it to get a closer peek... I'm...
19
19