Subject Author Posted Replies

Lawrence-McFadden
A couple of you gave me some advice on McFadden gel finish. Would you be so kind as to repeat the advice? Thanks Deb
2
2

Footlocker Design
My son is going to Boy Scout Camp in mid June. They ask that each boy have a footlocker. They said to just pick one up at WallyWorld or Kmart. I went to look at what they had to offer and wasn't...
36
36

Plane anatomy
Curious if anyone knows why the "frog" is named as such on a hand plane?
11
11

Ping Larry Blanchard
Hi Larry, IIRC you work at Woodcraft. I am getting into pen turning and would like know if pen styles/turning sizes are the same from different manufacturers. Basically what I want to know is if the...
10
10

small gloat
Went to an estate sale the other day and saw a Starrett combination square. The same one we're selling a Woodcraft for about $75. I told the seller "That's a really nice square - what do you want for...
7
7

What finish for a walnut bracelet?
I just finished carving my wife a bracelet out of some walnut I had laying around. Now it's time to throw on some finish and I'm not sure what to do. I'm sure this thing will take a ton of abuse, but...
7
7

Radial Arm Saw Table - Help, please
I have seen RAS mounted on long tables and finally brought my old Craftsman RAS up with the idea of building a long (10') table to mount it on. Please, I want to do this so spare me tha comments about...
23
23

What is it? Set 234
I'm going to be away from my computer all day tomorrow so the answers might be a little later than usual. http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
14
14

wood dust, MDF, silica, sinuses and ill health among woodworkers
Having read the many posts on here from woodworkers, albeit recreational ones, regarding the ill health effects they suffer from using MDF, wood composite boards (WBC=92s) and wood dust it=92s toxins...

OT - $4/gal Gas Threshold Crossed - Dam Breaking
Granted this is California, and the San Francisco Bay Area at that, but earlier last week "regular" was $3.999 (who has a $0.009 coin?). by Thursday it was $4.039. Six days later (today) it's $4.249....
86
86

AZ: cheap wood sale alert
creek, az
1
1

Repeating a two-pass dado
I need to make five dados of 1 1/8 inch each. My adjustable dado blade only goes to 13/16, so I have to make two passes. Through trial and error (second try, actually) I created a perfectly snug fit....
7
7

Stripping Polyurethane?
I just picked up an old Winchester 94. One of the previus owners, used it fr a huntinggun and polyed the stock, along with some of the metal. Any suggestions for easy removal from the wood and mre...
4
4

hot glue release agent?
Hi all, Not wood related, but glue related, so thought I'd try here. Want to use hot glue for a project, but would like it to not stick to some areas - do any of you have suggestions for a way to do...
7
7

Television Stand Design.
I'm in the design process of a television stand for my LCD. The design was inspired by "Green Furniture Designs" ( http://www.garagewoodworks.com/TV_Stand.htm Green Design Furniture creates classic,...