Subject Author Posted Replies

Where can someone buy EYES for a rocking horse
I'm making some rocking horses for gifts. I'm mosty copying an old one that I bought at a garage sale, and which was in pretty bad shape. Anyhow, that one has plastic eyes that look like real eyes....
6
6

Hardwood floor problems
We had 650 sf of hardwood flooring installed last summer. The salesman ass ured us it would stand up to our two dogs. It didn?t. The scratch es are awful. We are considering having the floor sanded...
33
33

Festool Roadshow
Went to this this morning. This is worth going to. I got a 5 amp 18 bolt battery, charger, Granat sanding sponge pack, Festool Road Tour cap, Festool carry bag, catalog, and a "sticker". This was...
14
14

retro work truck
this one is a head turner https://www.rtechfabrications.com/the-duke

Gift Boxed Almost Finished
I separated the tops from the bottoms and that made the grove around the perimeter of the previous pictures of the boxes disappear. The box opened with the detail of how the twp parts fit together....
7
7

Seriously Coveting this Guy's Van
I have a serious man crush on this guy's work van. We are definitely cut from the same cloth. Here is a look inside my 2017 ram promaster van. The walls and shelving or all made out of three-quarter...
1
1

What is it? (Amateur version Post #17)
Here is another post in my amateur ?What is it?? tool threa d. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size a nd how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox. L....
7
7

Technique for lines on boards
I'm making some Jokers and Pegs ( game boards for a friend. What are some (easy / cheap) methods of adding lines to the rows of holes which would look nice? Pens or painting might bleed out and be...
7
7

straight line ripping with power feeder
I'm looking into alternatives to straight line rip, and then rip, a couple-three thousand board feet of rough cut ash to make plank flooring. At this point I'm thinking of going with nominal widths of...
1
1

melodius wood
making some wind chimes and found some pieces have a nice ting and some just sound dead thinking moisture content might be the key but maybe there is a species correlation so many scraps and not sure...
4
4

Somewhat of a Tool Score
I picked up a barely used Jet JBM-5 mortising machine for 200 bucks! Not the best score I've ever achieved, but it's a pretty good deal. I've been wanting one for a while because I'm doing more and...
20
20

predust collection craftsman
maybe best used outdoors like the look of it but would be dusty maybe art deco https://images.craigslist.org/00707_amfeoaW8Uyf_1200x900.jpg

electric truck gets 4 doors
only adds nine inches but of course impacts other aspects but not too drastic pros more cargo space more pax space cons lower break angle but this is minor little more weight more expensive reduced...
19
19

Totally OT What we woke up to in the Houston area
Less than 4 months ago 35~50 inches of rain. Now this, must have been because of the ground still being wet. ;~) 12/8/2012 What we woke up to. | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr 12/8/2012 What we wok up to. |...
25
25

gang cutting on the bandsaw
learned a new trick for gang cutting on the bandsaw just wrap the pieces in thin clear cheap shipping tape and cut away worked good for cutting some gussets and will come in handy from time to time
5
5