Subject Author Posted Replies

Curious
Harvey sent me (and everyone, I suspect) a flyer for their turbine dust collector. It's interesting so I looked at competitive dust collectors. There are performance differences and it's not easy to...
5
5

Floor fix question
Carpentry question. Not a woodworking question. House bathroom I am remodeling. Stripped the floor down to the plywood subfloor. 3/4" plywood. Around the toilet it is sort of, kind of, but not really...
50
50

info@harveywoodworking.com
You might want to reconsider naming you saw blades. "Destroyer" IS NOT a saw blade that I want to use on expensive wood.
4
4

A bad Translation?
Is this really a good name for a premium saw blade? Harvey Woodworking apparently does not think much about it's table saw blades. Destroyer? Really? Harvey is dedicated to high quality machines in...
1
1

shop stool with back
I'm looking to get a shop stool with a full sie back. Any recommendations / or ones not to get. I can do easy Lowes or Harbor Freight for under 100. Not looking to spend more than 200 max.
5
5

Motor stalled and won’t start
I have an old Craftsman 10 inch electronic radial saw. The model number is 113.197250. It is about 40 years old. When I turned it on it started but then it got caught in the kerf and stalled. The...
13
13

NEW Shaper Origin Stuff! (2023 Update)
No, I did not build anything. BUT new accessories and software for Origin! Coming in September! Shaper Plate Shaper Plate
2
2

OT collections
Some people collect coins or stamps or vintage tools ... ... some collect tractors : < scroll down to the 2-day auction > Approximately 500 Antique Tractors, 300 Pieces Of Antique Equipment, 600...

Use for a broken bandsaw blade??
Greetings all Whilst cleaning out yet another box/container marked "Stuff" I found that I have two "bits" of 1 inch band saw blade, about a foot and a half in length. Having seen videos on how to turn...
87
87

How Close Do You Get To Your Miter Saw Blade? (2023 Update)
Survey time... How close to your miter saw blade do you allow your fingers to get while making a cut?
78
78

Spindle sander
I've been thinking about buying a spindle sander. The bench-top units seemed to have universal motors, which are not ideal for heavy use or in "fixed" (not hand-held) tools. I came across this Grizzly...
16
16

Richter or Merkel ? (2023 Update)
In the film San Andreas, do we use the Richter scale or the Merkel scale to measure earthquakes? We should remember this information, after all, Americans don't make films for nothing, films are also...
1
1

Interesting Concrete Vibrator For Table Build
I was looking for ideas for a coffee table to go with the deck sectional I just built. guy built a table with a concrete top and built-in fire pit. I like his method of vibrating the concrete form...
2
2

Plug Cutters Revisited - Fail
I recently started a thread asking about your preferences for plug cutters - fluted (top set in image below) vs. round bottom blade. had never tried the fluted style, but I liked the idea of the...
8
8

Cedar Sectional For Deck Complete
I completed this project today and took a nap on it before I even put my tools away. :-) It's built from cedar 2 x 4's and 1 x 4's and finished with Rubio Monocoat. I used their Hybrid Wood Protector....
5
5