8 1/4 blade in 8 inch table saw

Hi all, Need this groups advice.... Recently bought a 8 inch Craftsman table saw (Model 113.221620)at a garage sale. It needs some parts which I know I can get from Sears. I already got the manual from them. I did find out it does have a 5/8 inch arbor!!

My question is: Can I safely use a 8 1/4 inch blade in this saw? I want to try some woodworking and would like to get this saw properly and safely running. The parts I need are the two hand wheels to adjust the height and angle of blade. I did get the fence, blade guard and miter gauge with the saw. I did plug the saw in and turned in on and it runs fine under no loard. I have not cut any wood yet.

Any advice appreciated.

Butch snipped-for-privacy@atlanticbb.net

Reply to
Butch Hinton

An 8¼" blade should work fine providing there's enough clearance and the arbor size is the same. Have fun! Joe

Reply to
Joe_Stein