8 1/4 blade in 8 inch table saw

Hi all, Need this groups advice.... Recently bought a 8 inch Craftsman table saw (Model 113.221620)at a garage sale. It needs some parts which I know I can get from Sears. I already got the manual from them. I did find out it does have a 5/8 inch arbor!!
My question is: Can I safely use a 8 1/4 inch blade in this saw? I want to try some woodworking and would like to get this saw properly and safely running. The parts I need are the two hand wheels to adjust the height and angle of blade. I did get the fence, blade guard and miter gauge with the saw. I did plug the saw in and turned in on and it runs fine under no loard. I have not cut any wood yet.
Any advice appreciated.
Butch snipped-for-privacy@atlanticbb.net
Butch Hinton wrote:

arbor size is the same. Have fun! Joe