Subject Author Posted Replies

FS- Powermatic Artisan Tablesaw, Bandsaw, Disc/Belt sander
Tools are located in Richmond, VA All are in very good shape. Tablesaw has a full Biesmeyer fence and upgraded motor. Comes with rolling caster stand- $700 Bandsaw- Has light and blower and 4 or 5...

I need a certain thingamabob....
I'm making several 15 foot counters that are to finish at 32" wide. Not having a supply of 15' boards, I'm forced to butt join some of them as I assemble and glue up the panels. It's quite an...
12
12

New cabinet installation
Anyone here who has installed new upper kitchen cabinets single handed ? I'm wondering if I should install the lower cabinets first and use them to block & raise the upper cabinets to the proper...
8
8

High-end biscuit joiner vs low-end
I'm not a furniture builder, but a weekend hobbyist that does mostly "rough" woodworking. I have a tendency though when I buy tools to buy the best. I just bought a $225 PC biscuit joiner. I've been...
117
117

OT - Globalization - Computer Migration - Software Upgrading - Nightmare
WARNING: THIS ONE'S L O N G Thanks to the rapid development of technology, specifically computer hardware and software, I'm forced to (kicking and screaming) "upgrade" both my hardware AND software,...
27
27

Does semi-gloss poly become less glossy with each application?
I am in the process of laying down multiple thin wipe on coats of poly to a project. The first half dozen coats were done in gloss. Then I switched to semi-gloss for the final two coats. The first...
18
18

RAS Too Tight
I have pulled the old Craftsman out of hiding and building it a new table. As part of the process, I tried elevating the blade with the existing crank and found it most difficult to take it through...
12
12

Fill a dado?
I used a 3/4" router bit to create a dado for 3/4" plywood. Yep, you know it. And I know it too. How and why I did it is beyond me. At any rate, the wood does not have a tight fit. I'd like to fill...
12
12

What's the best way to rejuvinate a carpenter's square
I have one that sat in the shed and has surface rust to the point where it's hard to read the square. It's steel. I thought about steel wool but I need something that will get to the grooves in the...
16
16

Bosch deal at Lowes
There is a lot of that going around. ;-) Just bought a PS40 from Lowes. $152. Had to pick it up myself. Haven't even opened the box. Everything is still packed and I have no room to work anyway. :-(...
15
15

Ready To Assemble furniture.
I needed something quick and dirty for my new office, so I was going to follow a tried and true college trick: two filing cabinets and a door. So, I was looking for some cheap filing cabinets,...
23
23

Thin strong Ridged wood needed.
it would help to know the application, this would give a basis to understand the best wood for the job. ross
18
18

Question on Selecting Blum Hinges
Hi folks, I have a large face frame cabinet that I am building and I am looking at using Blum hinges. I am amazed at the selection available and I am having a difficult time deciding which hinge to...
6
6

OT: GFI Electrical Question
My mom put a fridge (15A) in her garage and it was plugged into a GCI circuit (not a gfi outlet). It kept tripping the GFI circuit every so often, but this same circuit ran other appliances in her...
22
22

Wood handled chisels
Hi I am rather new to wood working and saw a few chisels by the name of footprint UK, carl schlieper wood chisel, marple and a sorby They are all UK made except for the carl schlieper which is german....
7
7