Subject Author Posted Replies

Which first, the mortise or tenon?
Is that not mortises first and then tenons? Floating tenons. LOL But seriously, it is much easier to cut a perfect tenon than a perfect mortise, be it with a mortiser or by drill and chisel. Unless...
6
6

floor style
this style is not one i would choose have to admit that have not seen this in person before maybe it is meant to offset the formal furniture or is it an old style where you need less long boards to...
7
7

radi plane sharpening
Just true the flat adjacent to the machined curve. Basic. Unless the bit is abused 2000 grit on a hard flat surface and your good.

Merry Christmas Y'all!
and a Happy New Year!
13
13

OT: Electrical Help
I've previously installed 4 new T-8 light fixtures in the garage and 1 in t he telescope room. No problems with any of them. This morning I installed a second fixture in the telescope room. This part...
11
11

sinker cypress paneling
not something you see every day looks like a professional job although the curve could be a little smoother probably not easy to apply that though...
3
3

Ping Leon: I Need Your Help
Leon, I'm really good at wrapping gifts. I've been doing it since I wrapped candy and perfume in a corner drug store at age 14. That said, I'm struggling to wrap a 40" Smart TV. The dimensions of the...
6
6

OT: Worst roofing job ever
20K. The Worst Roofing Job I have Ever Seen in 25 Years of Repairing Roofs and Roof Inspections. We do professional roof inspection for home owners who are in the process of buyinig a new home and...
19
19

favorite way to attach baseboard
air stapler will do the job but the look is not so good brad nailer might be the best way to go has anyone here tried a palm nailer to do baseboard
12
12

Festool Reconditioned sale
In the past 10 or so days I have probably received 40 or so e-mails from Festool, often 4~5 at a time. Each e-mail is offering a re manufactured/refurbished Festool tool at a significantly reduced...
30
30

NEED HELP Delta Unisaw Bullet Motor
Hello, I am restoring a 1952 Delta Unisaw and unfortunately the 1HP. 1PH. b ullet motor has been dropped and the back end cast iron bell has been broke n beyond repair. The windings and bushings have...
2
2

Kerf Maker, Fast and easy to make
About 8~9 years ago Bridge City Tools came out with a fine little jig that enabled you to cut perfect fitting dados with just about any width blade or router bit. That is as long as the blade or bit...
39
39

The gift boxed are complete.
This probably looks redundant.. But they now have 3 coats of varnish and are completed. The veneered tops were interesting to work with, the walnut was from a scrap that I could not throw away...
2
2

What is it? (Amateur version Post #18)
ead. As usual, I will try to answer questions about their composition, size and how they can move. Pictures are provided via Dropbox. g. The metal part is tapered but the tip is broken. The metal part...
10
10

Wood Models
My new daughter in law is a person that likes to take on projects. A certain bathroom remodel done by her and my son came out pretty good considering she is an RN and he is a CPA. Anyway her...
5
5