Subject Author Posted Replies

Hanging it up! Downsizing!!
I am 78 years old. My wife and I are downsizing and moving into an assisted living community. I have sold most of my tools but I still have something that I don't want to get rid of, but I must. I...
2
2

correct use of a random orbital sander; general and Festool specific
Hello All, The only ROS I have used with any amount of time are the two Festools I own; a 6 inch Rotex (about 3 years old ) and a 5 inch finish sander. When using the Rotex as a ROS or the 5 inch I...
6
6

inlay
I am making a computer desk. The good news is I am going to have more desktop to clutter. The bad news is the joint between the plywood top and the 2x4 frame is ragged. So, knowing an inlay will hide...
3
3

Re: Wood Veneer
AndyTao wrote: http://www.ogogo123sina.cn/Liar.
1
1

OT: Not authorized?
Oh fun! What's with these people shooting their mouths off about this that and the other and then ....wait for it...here comes that ever-so-oft-used- line: "one official said on condition of anonymity...
11
11

Ping: Garage_Woodworks
Just wondered if you used your band saw for the book matched panels. What blade did you use and did you get another fence or did you do it some other way? Jimmy
1
1

Removing Screws With Stripped Heads
Hi, Some of the screws holding down our decking refuse to come out. Either the heads are buried into the wood and the bit slides out of the slots or the heads are stripped. I tried drilling a head off...
17
17

Replacement Motor for 14" Delta
I would like to replace the motor with a large, more powerful unit. I think the present motor is BAD as it slows dow in 1/2" plywood! I am confused by all the options found when I search for motors....
20
20

Dewalt DC500 Vacuum Doesn't Aspirate
It sucks w/o the filter in place but then speeds up and doesn't suck at all with the filter in place. I cleaned up dirt and water in the garage once and left the debris on the filter for two months....
4
4

Varnish for outdoor service?
I'm looking for advice on alternate varnish with good UV protection. Last project used Bristol 2 part, but at $80 a quart, I'd like to find a one part that has good UV barrier. Any ideas out there?...
1
1

When Functional &Improvisation Collide
The August 2008 issue of WOODWORK has an interesting article on Susan Working which contains a side bar titled The Art of The Shortcut. The traditional / conventional approach to doing a piece of...
3
3

Shim washers
I've done a Google search for packets of shim washers and found that I can buy, in quantity, various shim washers. What I'm looking for is a variety pack of small washers of varying thickness. Mostly...
17
17

O/T: Things are "Toasty"
Things were warm here in SoCal today. 96F outside my window at 10:00AM this morning and it isn't even summer yet. Several places hit 115F. As usual, the beach was around 70F. BTW, for those who are...
17
17

Fun with nail gun
I posted on ABPW... pay attention folks! John

Hole Saw recommendations?
I'm in the market for a hole saw kit for cabinet installation and was wondering if any of you all had any strong preferences. Lenox? Milwaukee? Dewalt? My guess is that they're all pretty much the...
3
3