Subject Author Posted Replies

A fine example of boat-building
And they have their lifestyle figured out pretty damn well too. Take a ride on a shanty boat with a couple of self proclaimed morons. This trip down the Kentucky River is one you will never forget....

Repairing Separated Plywood
I am about to begin restoration on a cocktail video game cabinet to whatever extent is possible, and was wondering if anyone here can tell me what is the best way to repair separated plywood, or at...
9
9

A head's up
Clamps - never too many I have a large sized Big Lots not too far from the house. I have found them to be good resource of different things I need like cloth drop cloths, painter's tape, and...
22
22

What are scantlins and treenils?
Hi I have just acquired an old 2-foot, 2-fold carpenter's rule. It has some really odd tables punched in it - with headings like 'sqr scantlins to a load',' treenils' and 'ash load'. The 'ash load'...
13
13

Routers
Hi Folks, I don't get in here often at all, and maybe this has been hashed over already. Is there a decent router in the $100 - $125 range for a beginner? I have a few ideas I'd like to try with a...
53
53

For those of you that make pens...
Check out: I'm not into this, but others might find inspiration. http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1138315Personally,

A funny in my mailbox this AM.
Sorry for the caps. I just copied and pasted. Anyhow, it started my day with a laugh. THREE WOMEN, TWO YOUNGER, AND ONE SENIOR CITIZEN WERE SITTING NAKED IN A SAUNA. SUDDENLY THERE WAS A BEEPING...
12
12

Teak oil vs. tung oil
Greetings All, I treated a piece of teak with tung oil 2 months ago and it has been indoors since. The finish looked natural when it was applied, natural being a light brown. Now I have noticed the...

Where can I buy a canoe bit for a tabletop router? Also known as "ball and socket"....
I'm looking to build an outdoor cedar barrel sauna and was thinking tongue and grove. I looked on manufacturers website and it seems that they use a "ball and socket" type joint to join the staves...
9
9

The horrors of bleach!!!
I've neglected my tools for two months now. I haven't been in the shop in that long, I admit. But I wasn't prepared for what I saw on my tablesaw today. A two inch thick layer of sawdust on the cast...
5
5

*** Mini-FAQ for rec.woodworking # 165 - For want of somebody else posting this
* Welcome to rec.woodworking, known locally as the wreck * This is an informal group with users of all levels of knowledge, from those who have yet to pick up a tool, professional woodworkers, authors...
2
2

The return of WWW.SHAVINGS.NET
It is with great pleasure that is now back up, thanks to some hard work by fellow woodworking Bernie Hunt and the magnanimous Tim at anybody need any web/hosting services, please consider the next few...
4
4

Tablesaw/router workcenter ideas wanted
I'm getting ready to build a workcenter for my contractor saw/ router that will be similar to one that was in wood magazine a few years back. things I plan on doing: big casters for mobility adding...
4
4

O/T George Carlin
It was announced on the 11:00PM, PDST, news that George Carlin cashed in his hand tonight. He was a very funny guy. His was the kind of humor that made you think. Understand he had a history of heart...
56
56

Toys for 3 year old girl
With respect, I beg, implore, request, and desire your help. My 3 year old cousin Kyla is in the hospital undergoing chemo. I'd like to make her some toys to distract her from the pain and suffering...
17
17