Subject Author Posted Replies

Finish for Cedar
Thanks Upscale. I'd tried that, but ended up with only NY state distributors within 100 mi. of Ottawa. They also mentioned Home Hardware (that's the one closed on Sundays). I'lll give them a shout...
13
13

Donkey's-ear shooting board
I can. I believe the inclined plane in that definition refers to one of the so-called simple machines, and is just a basic ramp with a slope to it, rather than a woodworking plane. B.
6
6

About band saws
Just curious about the dimension of band saws. When a band saw is listed as a 10, 11, 12 inch and so on, are they referring to the depth of the blade to the back of the unit or something else? Does...
6
6

Recommendation Request for Chisel Honing Guide
Slightly different take; there's an article in last FWW on how to learn to hold the angle consistent and thus do away w/ the need... --
10
10

Water Based Wipeon Poly
Hello everyone, I'm using a non-catalyzed laquer as a sealer on maple to help with stain sploching. Having now used the laquer can I use a water based poly to finish the piece? Thanks for your help,
4
4

ACCURIDE and other slides for sale
Hello Group, Just an alert that I posted an ad for several unused ACCURIDE and other slides for sale on WOODCENTRAL, listed in the Classifieds section. That's woodcentralDOTcom for those not familiar...

a.b.p.f., is it dead?
Since RR and Verizon dropped the binaries news groups, I don't see any posts. I've been looking using Forte Agent. Where are wreckers posting images these days?
21
21

Jerky maker (dehydrator) plans??
I used to see some web sites that had pretty good food dehydrator construction plans/ideas but don't seem to locate any now. Any one know of any??? RM~
8
8

Prestain
I am getting ready to stain a large project and just realized I may well not have enough Minwax wood treatment to pretreat all the pine on the project. It being 30 miles into town and remembering...
8
8

Vika scaffold at Costco
Some months back a local Costco had this scaffold/table on display as a new item to arrive soon, then they pulled the display and said there were none on order, today they had them for sale for $89.99...
2
2

Save on Your Energy Bill. Start Today!
Prices for oil and gas continue to increase constantly. Prices are unlikely to stabilise, which leads to a quickly growing inflation. We cannot prevent this inflation from taking place, but with...

Looking for......
Any one visit here from western Europe? Looking to converse with someone from Holland or close by concerning antique tools for woodworking.
2
2

Battery for SkilSaw
I have a 3 3/8" cordless circular saw. I've had it a few years, rarely use it, but it does come in handy from time to time. I have three batteries, all too weak to be any good and I can't find any new...
4
4

good deal on SHOPNOTES subscription or renewal
I emailed ShopNotes and they confirmed this offer so if you are a current subscriber or are interested in plans/ideas for shop projects and jig this may be for you. watch the wrap: w/preview:
7
7

What is it? Set 238
The more I look at 1338, I wonder if it is indeed aa metal-foil electroscope. Typically these have very thin pieces of metal foil suspended from a central conductor. The center piece in this looks way...
12
12