Subject Author Posted Replies

What's most efficient way to flatten waterstones?
I've been using wet/dry sandpaper. It's a tedious/time consuming job and seems to wear out the paper fairly fast. I see Norton has a flattening stone. I wonder if they're more efficient. Any...
15
15

A word of thanks
To all who posted on my request for help with veneer, a sincere thanks. But then that is what makes this "UseGroup" so valuable, isn't it? And, "Yes, Barry, the Doc is in Alabama." :-) I decided to go...
2
2

repairing a treadmill deck
A long while back I posted a question about repairing a treadmill deck. Most of the responses were helpful pointing me in the direction of oak as the decking material of choice. In the time since then...
8
8

OT: Jackie Greene
One of the up-sides of having an XM radio in the shop, is that you get to hear stuff you would never hear from mainstream media, but you get to see who's doing what. I listen to XM 12 (new country)...
4
4

Wooden front porch construction on slab
I have a slab front porch with an overhanging roof that completely covers it. I'd like to dress up the porch by covering the slab with a wood flooring to make it more like a porch than a patio. If...
4
4

Re: Fast Weight Loss; Some Tips
[snipped a whole lot of totally useless crap] BUT!! The quickest way I got rid of ugly fat, was my second divorce. =2E =2E =2E =2E =2E =2E =2E =2E =2E =2E =2E Ohhh.. keep your shirt on, it's a JOKE!!
3
3

brace screwdriver bits
Anybody know if anyone is still making screwdriver bits for braces? You used to be able to just buy them at Sears, back in the 70's and before, but the only place I see them nowadays - and it's...
21
21

O/T: Post Turtles
I don't write 'em, just 'post em Lew ........................................................................ While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old Texas rancher whose hand was caught in a...
20
20

Wood woker table to buy or plans for one?
OK here goes I don't do any woodworking and don't have any desire to start What I want is a stand up computer and work desk....... 5 foot long and 20" deep. I want to be able to sit in a high stool or...
12
12

Spray Contact Cement
I have a veneer project coming up. I have already decided I am going to use contact cement (not worth it to build a veneer press large enough - 48"x57") and need some advice. What brand and product in...
15
15

Anti-vibration machine mounts
We have some relatively heavy iron in our school's machine room: A 300mm jointer, a sliding table crosscut saw that can take a full sheet of ply, a 600mm thickness planer, etc. The floor is concrete....
7
7

O/T: Octopus
Enjoy Lew .................................................................................. Guy walks into a bar, sits down, orders a drink and puts a paper bag on the bar. Bartender asks, "What's in...
1
1

finish carpenter
A duck walks into a pub and orders a pint of beer and a ham sandwich. The barman looks at him and says, "Hang on! You're a duck." "I see your eyes are working," replies the duck. "And you can talk!"...
6
6

Rigid planer question
Hello, I have a 1 year old Rigid 12" planer that has been used sparingly. I did use it yesterday and seemed to have a problem with the lever thingy on the right hand side that is supposed to lock in...
13
13

Edlite LED slim light box
Edlite Company Limited is a professional in edge-lit light panels. (LED ,CCFL,EEFL,T4/T5 Lamp) We've worked in this industry for nearly ten years, and with a full experience, we cooperated with more...