Subject Author Posted Replies

Godspeed Houston wreckers!
Take care of yourselves, you hear!
6

O/T: Good by Gustav, Hello Ike
Looks like south Texas' turn in the barrel. Take care and be safe you rascals. Lew
14
14

HP/Amps
My new edge sander was delivered today, Grizzly 6x80. In the version of the manual on the website they list it as 1.5 HP 16A/8A. But in the manual that came with it and on the nameplate on the motor...
15
15

RO Sander and Speeds
With a variable speed random orbital sander what speeds are used for soft versus hard woods, rough stripping versus finishing etc. My sander came with no recommendations.
1
1

Newsgroup problem
Anybody here go to ""? That newsgroup has not been updated for the last two days. All my other newsgroups (9 total) work okay. Using Microsoft Outlook SP-3 (9.0.0.8954). Windows XP. Thanks for...
6
6

Shopping at Rockler.
If your anything like me, (and most people are not), you probably get emails from Rockler about specials. I thought, what the heck I could use this, and proceeded to order something. I get to the...
18
18

OT: New Word - "Palindrone"
Can't tell if they're coming or going.
26
26

What is it? Set 249
Just posted a new set along with a link to a new quiz page on animal traps: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
14
14

O/T: Opinion AKA: LipStick On A Pig
Opinion: I'm glad women are starting to hold high positions not only in gov't, but also in our political parties. It has been a long road since the days of Margaret Chase Smith of Maine. Choosing a...
73
73

Just bought the Festool ETS 150/5
Hey everyone: I just bought the Festool ETS 150/5 today, and put it right to work: Dustless sanding is an amazing concept..this alone is worth the $$$ I was sanding Walnut ply panels with an 3/4 x 1/8...
5
5

Lathe Motor Replacement Conundrum
I was gifted a basic ("Professional Woodworker" brand) lathe with a dead 3/4 horse motor. I have an old Dayton 3/4 horse motor (which is much bigger and heavier than the one in the lathe) which I'd...
10
10

Treadmill deck done
The talked-to-death treadmill deck project is finished. I'm currently tuning the belt on the treadmill, which might take a while, but the actual deck appears to be rock solid. Simple design, a...

JOAT?
Haven't seen the ol' coot around in quite awhile. Anyone still in touch with him? Is his website still up? B.
26
26

OT - It has become apparent ...
... and judging by posts hereabouts on crude prices the past few months, that a goodly percentage of wRec participants are more capable than congress of making valid judgments regarding the why's and...
83
83

Re-facing Kitchen Cabinets ?
My wife and I are thinking of redoing the kitchen. We want to reface the cabinet frames and build new cabinet doors. Shaker style. We would like to get some opinions on how to do this. This is what we...
5
5