Subject Author Posted Replies

stopping thin wood splitting
Have found a piece of plywood about 4 mm thick. It had been in the damp and the laminates ( each about 1 millimeter thick) have separated. The top veneer is a nice hard wood and is *very* thin at...
3
3

What is it? Set 252
one day earlyer, only one silly guess this time ... 1432 und jetzt stellen wir uns mal janz dumm, watt issene dampfmaschinn ... some kind of steam engine? greetings from germany chris
10
10

Finishing - Brown Paper Bag After Dye?
Wood turners often use a piece of brown paper bag as a final fine abbrassive before a final finish is applied. I'm mentoring a newbie furniture maker who is doing a 30" wide by 20" deep by 95" tall...
2
2

Anyone made a cremation urn?
I've got a friend whose pet died and she wants to keep it in a cremation urn. Has anyone made one of these? What do you line the urn with? Would acrylic or something similar work and does it have to...
8
8

wood flooring question
I'm getting some white pine milled into 12" wide boards for flooring. The plan is to simply butt joint and nail with cut nails, no t&g. The guy at the mill said he's seen it work with minimal...
4
4

Woodcraft Magazine
A while back I remember seeing an article in Woodcraft magazine about making a pie crust table using Pfeil tools. Does anyone remember which issue it was in? I went to their webpage but found nothing...
1
1

spar penetration
If I dilute 50% spar urethane and 50% mineral spirits will I get a deeper penetration. I am using it on ply and would like to get as much moisture protection as possible. Thanks In advance Lee
9
9

O/T: He'll Be Missed
Paul Newman, the kid from Shaker Heights, a Cleveland suburb, will be missed. The son of wealthy family who owned a large sporting goods store in downtown Cleveland, he walked away from it for an...

O/T: Worms
Enjoy Lew A minister decided that a visual demonstration would add emphasis to his Sunday sermon. Four worms were placed into four separate jars. The first worm was put into a container of alcohol....

Delta 37-190 jointer question
Yes, I have some nicks. I will try your suggestion. Not having owned a jointer before I didn't know about the magnetic tools. A quick look found this: you have a favorite? Dick
12
12

Orange Blossom Special - Vassar Clements
I was listening to this t
7
7

"I Pulled Out Of Pittsburg Headin' Down The Eastern Seaboard..."
Agreed. But it lacks the properly piquant irony. I'll have to go with the one from my old Ricky album.
55
55

A Quiet Place
In reference to the earlier post about a "Quiet Place". 07/64 Garnet Mimms and the Enchanters Johnny, Johnny Dollar Lady, lady, lady Why do you holler Ain`t nobody seen Your Johnny Dollar (CHORUS) I...

Keeping things from freezing
I live in North Carolina where winters are mild. Rarely are there long stretches of below freezing temperatures. My shop is in an unheated garage, a hundred feet from the house. It fell into disuse a...
14
14

help! applying semi-gloss poly onto floor...
...seems to be problematic for me. Previously, used satin and never had issues. Trying semi-gloss on brand new walnut floor and its been trying. Resolved most of the issues (like where the friggin...
3
3