Subject Author Posted Replies

Gloat with a problem
At a garage sale recently I found a box with several hundred five inch sanding discs with the adhesive backs. I got the whole box for $5. The only problem is that the adhesive on a lot of them is no...
10
10

Chippendale online
Greetings, Just ran across this URL, thought someone might be interested. ‎The gentleman and cabinet-maker's director : being a large collection of the most elegant and useful designs of household...

OT - The Proper Use Of History
As we are oft encouraged to remember the lessons of History so as not to repeat them. let us not think that all of the lessons are negative. Although I suspect that neither Gibbons, nor Toynbee ever...
1
1

Toy Heavy Duty Lowboy: question
Some small outfit is offering plans for a toy (model?) heavy duty lowboy. You can see the project at: have nothing to do with this toy designer!) But on a forum based woodworking site, question have...
3
3

Gettin' Lucky and The Golden Bucket of Crap
Yeah, it can mean different things but today it means that I got away with a couple of things that I had no right to get away with. I'm fixing a bed for a guy and the original pins that were used to...
11
11

O/T: NIck Reynolds
I have always been a BIG Kingston Trio fan. It was announced this week that Nick Reynolds, one of the founding members of the Kingston Trio, has died. He came back out of retirement a few years ago to...
2
2

WWGOA
I got one of those Woodworkers Guild of America DVDs in the mail the other day, and it made me wonder what their reputation is among woodworkers at large. I found the DVD quite impressive with high...
6
6

Source for quality brass hinges
They ain't cheap. I've seen Rokler's and Woodcraft's offerings for the high-end solid brass hinges for small bozes. You guys have any other sources? Thanks a heap, -Zz
5
5

Thanks Swingman! Tape Relief!
Based on the thread of a week or so ago and your comments therein I purchased a Stanley PowerLock 12' tape (33-312). I'd never used a tape this small but it's a nice, compact little fella (much more...
6
6

7" hole saw?
Sister got a pellet stove. Needs 7" hole cut in side of house. I need a 7" hole saw, right? Can't seem to find one that big. Any suggestions? Thanks. JP
21
21

Router for router table
I am searching for a router for my router table I am making. Currently, I have a nice Hitachi plunge/fix base system and love it but I want to keep it for freehand use without having to mount and...
11
11

O/T: Investment Strategy
Enjoy Lew Investment Strategy If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today. If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would...
3
3

Re: Finish for a floor of an enclosed trailer
I just finished cleaning out the inside of my boat with a power washer. I had painted it (aluminum) with a good "porch and floor" enamel well over 10 years ago and other than a little discoloration...
5
5

Urethane tires for a 14" shopfox?
More Newbee questions. Right now the saw is running fine, thanks for the help, The guys at work tell me that the cuts I am getting are about as good as what they are getting with their 14" jet and 18"...
1
1

Looking for template guide adaptors
I bought some template guide adaptors for routers I have got to use Poretr-Cable's Omnijig with the catalog of Jesada Tools some years ago. I now want to get them again, then I checked the web site of...
1
1