Subject Author Posted Replies

Need help fixing a chair!
I have a set of four chairs (table too) that three need repaired. The joints are loose so I can get them apart easy. I have a local wood supplier that has good wood. What I don't know is if I should...
5
5

Complementary wood for curly cherry
I just scored 60-odd bd ft of beautiful curly cherry. I want to make a side table, TV table, or pair of nightstands with the wood; depends on what plans I find. This wood is *so* figured and curly I...
9
9

Bowsaw frame
Is the spreader bar hinged in a bowsaw frame? A rigidly glued tenon doesn't seem very efficient in tensioning the blade. Does it work well that way?
15
15

Bandsaw blade for bowsaw?
Cleaning out some shelves in the shop, I unearthed my copy Tage Frid's book, and had several enjoyable hours of reading over this weekend. I have it in my head now to build a bowsaw, but not sure what...
5
5

O/T: I'm Confused
I'm confused. Lew I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight..... * If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you 're "exotic different." * Grow up in Alaska eating...
4
4

What to do with glulam beam pieces
I got 6 pieces of 5" x 15" fir glulam beams, 6-1/2' to 7' long. I'm looking for ideas on what to use them for besides a workbench top. I just may make a 7' x 30", 5"-thick workbench, but that leaves 4...
3
3

Over-spray on Reading Glasses, ??Cleaning
What do you guys use to get over-spray off Plastic Reading Glasses? Concerned if I use something to powerful it could melt the plastic or distort it. thanks
19
19

Teardrop Trailers
I'm just thinking about starting a teardrop project and wonder if we could get a general discussion going here--suggestions and tips and mistakes to avoid, free plans, etc. I haven't done a...
4
4

OT: Where are the posts?
Either my news provider is having problems or I have a computer problem. Hardly any New postings to my computer. Anyone else haviing problems with ?
22
22

Harbor Freight goes the extra mile!
Needed a roofing nailer. Called both Harbor Freight stores in the area, one had none, the other had one 11 gage, which, near as anybody can tell, doesn't work with standard nails of the kind you get...
6
6

OT:Stock Market Tip!
Just got this off another NG . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today. . If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would...
9
9

Shop lighting
Ok, I have an unheated shop (miniscule though it is). For the most part, I won't be doing stuff when it is below around 40 or so, though. I know about fluorescents with cold start ballasts. What else...
12
12

Compressor Sludge
I just bought a used 24gal Ingersoll Rand compressor. It is spotless and looks almost new. I got it home and changed the oil and air filter, then cranked it up. Alls well. Then I drained the air...
21
21

Mitre saw Adjustment
I have a DeWalt 12" sliding mitre saw. There was an accident which I would rather not explain. What I need to do now is get thee saw back into shape. Does anyone know of a website that will walk me...
8
8

Finishing lauan/luan doors?
All, I recently had some basement remodeling done and the guys put in a couple cheapo luan (sp) doors from Home Depot. They are unfinished, and not particulary attractive. Very light in color. Grain...
7
7