Subject Author Posted Replies

Delta 28-180
Delta bandsaw replacement motor 1/5 hp 2.5 amp 120 volt 1 ph 60 ha
3
3

Plane shavings
I can get curls, but not quite this thin. Kanna plane competition
9
9

Review: Oneida Dust Collection Hood For Routers
I busted open the wooden piggy bank and bought the Oneida Air Universal Dust-Free Router Hood. My first test was with a flush trim bit to clean up the edging on a panel. The edging in the following...
2
2

Shooting Plane shootout
Given the increase in take-home pay I've noticed recently, I've decided to invest in a shooting plane. I see that both LN and LV have left-handed off erings, so I'm wondering if anyone has any strong...
1
1

Dovetails on a curve
Nicely cut and fit.
7
7

Help Craftsman Electronic Radial Arm Saw
Finished with rebuilding the above to give to my son-in-law. Over 30 hours of rust removal, lubrication and adjustments and free upgrade kit. Problem with the electronics. History: Purchased saw used...
4
4

scraping plane - anyone use one?
Getting old and the hands don't work as well as they use to. Flexing a scraper to get a decent surface. So anyone use a scraper and is the only reason they are so expensive that there's only a couple...
14
14

Bar Clamp Pad Options?
I'm getting way too much exercise from bending over to pick up the rubber pads for my bar clamps. I can't find anything that will keep them secured to the clamp. Hot glue doesn't work, doubled sided...
31
31

Hard Starting RAS
My DeWalt 7740 began to start hard today. It doesn't always do it, but there's a distinct effort (and a burning smell, as the motor is trying really hard to start) to start the motor rather than the...
2
2

Finishing Mahogany Exterior Door
Client has new exterior Mahogany door installed. Typical 3-footer with 1ft. sidelights. Guy who put it in said he doesn't like finishing, but has another guy who does it, and estimated he would charge...
20
20

woodworker and billionaire passes away
lifelong woodworker and billionaire ingvar kamprad has passed away he founded ikea whether you like or dislike ikea it is an amazing story knowing really nothing about the company i would guess it has...
5
5

ditch the spray paint
after some trial and some minor errors here and there spray painting has become a rarity got the ten dollar hf detail sprayer used some old and revived flecto recently and once i got the right amount...

Paint Suggestions For Bookcases & Base Cabinets
I'm looking for suggestions on paint for my bookcase project. The base cabinets and bookcases are being built from poplar plywood with poplar face frames, door frames and edging. For the past year or...
8
8

Has Anybody Tried This Router DC From Oneida Air Systems?
Has anybody tried this vacuum attachment for routers? The manual appears to be well written, which is always a plus. I can't understand the manual that came with my broom.
9
9

Anybody here used Waudena Millwork products?
caught my eye in the local distributorship -- (yes, there's only one building supply place in town here). They look quite good; the particular pattern is acceptably close to existing leaded windows in...