Subject Author Posted Replies

Saw placements on bench
This will possibly be considered a stupid question by some but being new into the woodworking field and always receiving good advice from those with more experience who have made me think of issues I...
6
6

23g pin nailers
I'm in the market for a new pin nailer. What I'd *like* is one that shoots headless pins as well as ones with the little heads and also has dry-fire lockout. I've found one or the other, but not both...
4
4

Nailers (probably done to death, but I'm a newbie)
So I'm considering a simple brad nailer type gun. Of all the options out there, what's not worth the trouble, and what's not worth the expense? (note: I'm an advanced novice for whatever that's worth)...
23
23

OT/ot:OT:ot. Off topic, maybe. But very important.
Mark, Tim, Rod and a few other right wingers: Oct. 14: In a brief Special Comment, Keith Olbermann expresses his disapproval of the McCain/Palin campaigns lynch-mob mentality and their refusal to...
4
4

bandsaw motor hi-jinx
All you electric motor heads out there: help! I have a delta 28-280 bandsaw with a 1hp motor and a timberwolf 1/2" 3 tpi blade. I was cutting some 3" redwood when I noticed smoke escaping from the...
17
17

Black ironwood or Leadwood (Krugiodendron ferreum)
I am looking for a place to get this wood but can't seem to find any. I live in Florida so you figure it would be easier. If anyone can help me that would be great. Ryan
2
2

Woodworkers, you're next ...
... get your product liability policy now, before the lawyer's get you: http://blogs.consumerreports.org/safety/2008/10/tv-tipover.html?EXTKEY=I72RSSB
14
14

OT: Buckley Backs 'Bama? Who'd a thunk it (or maybe we woulda)?
thinking conservative rejects neocons? Sweet! D'ohBoy (CNNMoney) -- If the week-long government shutdown stretches to a month, it would mean a $50 billion blow to the U.S. economy. That estimate is...
1
1

O/T: On Line Dating
We regret that your application to join our online dating agency has been rejected. One of the questions was: 'What do you like most in a woman?' 'My willy' is not considered an appropriate answer.
1
1

Need band saw guidance
I bought recently my first ever band saw. I had never used band saw before. It is Grizzly 17" 2 HP model. I assembled it and set according to manual. Plain ripping/crosscutting is OK but I tried to...
6
6

Just to pass along
I love a shellac and wax finish(instant gratification not the least of the reasons :-) ) and finish almost everything I turn that way. However, when it comes to small items that are made, not turned,...

The Story of Jummywood Revisited
I dug this up . . . can't believe they still have stuff when Web TV was alive! LOL! Life is good in Las Vegas . . . happily married . . . making music . . . performing on the Las Vegas Strip. Jums...
17
17

panel spacers
I need to order some raised panel spacers. Does anyone have comments on preference between the barrel shaped, natural rubber spacers and synthetic rubber spherical spaceballs. Frank
13
13

Try, try again - floor poly questions (or, to gloss, or not to gloss)
Posted a question here a couple weeks ago or so regarding floor poly. Given some excellent advice here, I thought I was finished after laying down the "final" coat, resorting to a satin finish (over...
4
4

O/T: The Elephant In The Room
There is an elephant in the room today here in SoCal along with the wild fires that have consumed in excess of 10,000 acres. It is the winds the blow in from the desert, often exceeding 60-70 MPH on a...
1
1