Subject Author Posted Replies

Grinder stones
It's probably time to replace the grey grinding stones that came with my power grinder. While I use traditional whet stones and diamond stones as well as the Scary Sharp method, there are times when a...
9
9

Previous Warning Reiterated
Police are warning all men who frequent clubs, parties and local pubs to be alert and stay cautious when offered a drink from any woman. Many females use a date rape drug on the market called "Beer."...
1
1

Other News
....Yesterday, scientists for Health Canada suggested that the results of a recent analysis revealed the presence of female hormones in beer, and suggested that men should take a look at their beer...
2
2

Woodworking geometry question
Calling all geometers: I want to make a tetrahedron out of square cross-section sticks. I want a corner of the stick to define the edge of the tetrahedron - i.e., a plane through the diagonal of the...
34
34

OT: The Stick now in the National Toy Hall of Fame
"Lee Michaels" wrote in news:002c19eb$0$21222$ Cats know how much you've paid for a toy/bed/whatever, and usually follow an inverse relationship between price and their ranking of it. The more you...
20
20

Can I joint the edge of plywood?
I am a new jointer owner so I haven't tried this yet. I am going to laminate some curly maple veneer on 1/2" baltic birch plywood. When it is all done, I need to have a very straight edge. Can I run...
17
17

OT Humour. Oldie but goodie
A rich lonely widow decided that she needed a new man in her life so she placed an ad, which read something like this: RICH WIDOW LOOKING FOR MAN TO SHARE LIFE AND FORTUNE ...NEEDS TO HAVE THESE...

OK....I did it.. EZ Touffee
Just put it all together...just as I was told...NO farking margarine... (Wifey & daughter are off to see Romeo & Juliet at Stratford...shhhhhhhhh) I can't WAIT!!
5
5

When renovating.. be careful
http://tinyurl.com/637xmt
25
25

finishing... can of worms.... I know
I am a newbie woodworker on my second project. The first project I just used a natural look with a couple of coats of Poly.... no problem. My newest project is a 24"x24" chest of drawers for my...
7
7

dumb miter saw question
I'm thinking about a 12" miter saw and wonder if I can use blades from my 10" radial arm saw on it?
7
7

Newbie visting Boston
I'm going to visit an old friend I haven't seen since she moved to northwest of Boston. I'll probably have a day available, maybe two. Is there anything that's "gotta' see" around? Inspiring to a...
2
2

Need ideas/advice
Fortunately, they aren't all like that. Leon, the guy that did the framing in my last addition, seemed to work in thousandths. He is a Carpenter. -- Doug
37
37

Driveway Primer
Just got back from the paint store with my new machinery paint. It's a little premature, but I figured it might get me moving. Unfortunately, the gallon of red alkyd primer fell in the middle of the...
10
10

Paint Removal on a Hoosier
Hello all. I am in the process of restoring an old hoosier style cabinet. Has a tag on the front that says Napanee on on half and Coppes-Inc on the other. What product would you guys suggest to remove...
5
5