Subject Author Posted Replies

buy tool before end of year or after
I hope to be able to buy a jointer and planer sometime soon, either by the end of this year or just after. What are some thoughts on buying before or after the end of the year to get the best price,...
7
7

Cabinet Shop Fed Bankruptcy Auction Online
Thought there may be some woodworkers here that this may be of interest. Local cabinet shop contents - all machinery and equipment and vehicles has been set for an absolute auction by the courts....

Plywood question
Given the wide variations in quality in construction lumber these days, does anyone have any insight into how to estimate the voids in a sheet of ply (say ACX) before cutting into it? (Without...
13
13

looking for feedback on Infinity knives for a Dewalt 735 planer
Hi, I've been using my 735 for about a year, but have really not put much through it yet. I started planing some maple the other day, and only go a few boards through it when I started to noticed...
7
7

Drawer Slides Factory From China
Hi, Drawer Slides Importer This is richard yang from professional manufacturer of Drawer Slides in China which work for Yangwei Company Limited,we mainly produce FGV type,Blum Type,South Aemerican...
3
3

The Eleventh Hour Of The Eleventh Day Of The Eleventh Month
Most of us had fathers. We also had Grandfathers. Let Us Remember Them All. Regards, Tom Watson http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
1
1

What Stairs Are
I have been building stairs, off and on, for forty years. There are certain primes that must not be violated. The total rise is the distance from the finished floor below to the finished floor above....
4
4

The Building Bidness
There are a fair number of guys around here that this will resonate with. When I went to work for my first GC as a Carpenter's Helper, he had his own electrician, his own plumber, his own block and...
46
46

Sturdy shop drawer slides?
I am building a few carts to organize my stuff around the workshop/garage. Ideas is to also have a couple of drawers on each. Where can I find some relatively cheap heavy duty slides? The carts will...
9
9

Old craftsman plainer
I hav been given an old craftman plainer mod 103.1801, it looks like a Hulsey knock off. The cutter head is the sameone they used in their 6" jointer. The Hulsey unit, I think, could, also , be used...
2
2

Veterans :
Veterans : Thank GOD for Veterans. Thank all of you Veterans for your service to our country. God Bless Millwright Ron
27
27

Covering For Kitty Condo
Hi, I am building a kitty condo for my daughter's cats. I had planned on using carpet remnants for the horizontal surfaces and microfiber everywhere else. (The carpet remnants on hand are stiff so...
5
5

More Greene & Greene
For those who might be interested - I just posted some pics of my credenza from my office suite that I just finished (on Still working on the desk and computer return (done by the end of year if I'm...

OT - Geography Puzzles
I stumbled across a couple of on-line puzzle pages that I thought might be of interest, and seemed worth sharing... This one might be fun for any kids in your family: this one might offer adults a...
9
9

Menards - good? bad? just another box?
Do Dah Flatland (wichita Ks) is supposedly getting a Menards. Are they any better / worse than Lowes and Home Depot or just another crappy big box store - from the woodworking /tools/lumber...
25
25