Subject Author Posted Replies

Ramping up/Setting up Shop
Hello to the group, Been searching the archives reading everything we can find on shop layout and setup but thought I would throw out a quick request for input as well. We have had a rented space for...
20
20

FA: four 12 inch carbide tipped saw circular saw blades
can't tell if these are new or resharpened, from an elderly friend who decided to get rid of them saying "I don't even have a 12 inch saw" - they are sharp, not chipped - perhaps someone can use them

Hex Head vs Square Head Bolts
Besides the obvious shape what is the difference between the 2 types of bolts?
16
16

RE: Colonoscopy Comments
Subject: As you can see, this one has been around for a while. Enjoy Lew +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Things a man might say...

Off Topic: Magnanimous Gesture
I saw this lurking elsewhere. The election is over, the results are now known. The will of the people has clearly been shown. We should show by our thoughts and our words and our deeds That unity is...
2
2

Diameter of dust port on New Plunge Base of 890 Router
Have something to ask to someone who owns a Porter-Cable New Plunge base of 890 router. The plunge base has a dust port that can be connected directly to dust hose. I want to know the diameter of dust...
1
1

Titebond II Fluorescent Wood Glue
Does this stuff work as described? I'm considering buying a bottle. How dark does the room have to be in order to see fluorescence? Thanks, Brian Garage Blog
12
12

Veritas Block Planes - improved functionality?
I see that LV has added a couple new block planes to their line. (Also discussed in Mr. Ferrarri - Meet Mr. Stanley, etc..) They are certainly different looking animals, no question. But looks aside,...
3
3

Ping Lew!
Hey Lew, I lost your recipe for Popcorn Turkey Dressing years back ... please repost. Thanks ... :)
2
2

OT - A Winder Poem
This is possibly the lovliest poem I have ever read. I felt impelled to pass it along to you all. the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise violence. - Mohandas Gandhi
2
2

N. H. Stout Planes
I've come across some old wooden planes made by N.H. Stout. It would seem that old wooden planes in decent to good condition can fetch anywhere from $10 - $200+ depending the plane and the maker. Can...

OT: End-times must be near. McDonalds has lost it!
Honestly....really?? I Don't Believe in Imaginary Property writes "McDonalds has applied for patent WO2006068865, which carries the title 'METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR MAKING A SANDWICH.' John Montagu,...
1
1

Introduction
I've lurked here for quite a while and I'm enjoying the wealth of knowledge that is passed on here. I live in central Alabama with my lovely wife, three kids, three goats, 40 chickens, 100 quail, 1...
11
11

Re: Floating Wavy Book Shelves
Does anyone remember those wavy floating metal book shelves? I remember seeing them in an episode of Real World. I am not sure if they are made anymore. If anyone could point me in the right direction...

3 Panasonic Univeral Chargers (EY0230 7.2-15.6V) Croak
I've got two Panasonic EY6407 12V Ni-MH cordless drills, five EV9200 12V 3.0 ah batteries and THREE EY0230 7.2-15.6V chargers. The drills were bought three years apart 2000 and 2003 each with a...
10
10