Subject Author Posted Replies

Sign of the times
Today we had a small job to do for a local suburban school district. The job was to build a desk around three sides of a 14' x14' room. Not too difficult but since it was 9 degrees this morning and we...
51
51

Cyclone-style Dust Collectors.
The pleated-paper canister filter on my 2HP DC is just overwhelmed. Better than the old bag. A bag is good for 1 hour.... I really need to do something. I figure that if I were to upgrade to a double...
99
99

Work Bench
For years I have been threatening to build a legitimate work bench. I have been using fold up ones and steel ones but I want a wood top with dog holes and a couple of vices. Because there is a rather...
59
59

Re: Locksmith Los Angeles Homes Re-Keyed Homes Unlocked
Another spammer using Google... Reporting a spammer to google is just pissing into the wind.. mac Please remove splinters before emailing

Street Elbow facilitates Kreg K3 dust removal
I discovered a 1 1/2" Street Elbow - - a 90º copper elbow that has only one opening expanded - -works well with the very effective vacuum hood for the K3 Master Pocket Hole System. The expanded end...
2
2

Great day in the shop
Finally had time to spend in my shop! I was able to add two more outlets and my first lighting circuit. The one clamp-lamp just didn't cut it. I'll add a few more light fixtures this week. The weather...
5
5

Anybody build a small trebuchet?
I want something small that will throw a golfball or tennis ball an impressive distance. So I was thinking maybe a "King Arthur" style trebuchet (with a fixed axle, not floating.) Has anyone here...
9
9

I taught myself a lesson today; good idea learned from experience
Hey All, I am maing a set of speakers for a friend similar to those found on this webite; dimensions (inches) are 72 tall, 12 wide, and 18 deep and I am using 3/4 inch cherry ply with cherry edging....
13
13

Smell of Smoke
Was just round at next door's having a night of dinner and live music. Came out to see another couple to their car and grab some fresh air, opened my own door and then spotted smoke coming out of a...
21
21

Wasteful Packaging
I was talking to someone a little while ago about wasteful packaging. It appears to be even worse than I imagined. I recently ordered a DeWalt D26453K random orbit sander, the one with that comes with...
50
50

I was talking to this dude from Austin
I was at a Christmas party tonight and was talking up Texas Swing. A guy told me to look into Texas Blues - told me that Texas Swing was fine but that Texas Blues was better. He gave me three names....
43
43

More tool industry consolidation
Bosch purchases part of Freud... Es tut uns leid, aber die von Ihnen gewünschte Seite ist nicht verfügbar. - Bosch Media Service
1
1

Anyone Win Any of Those irsauctions.com Tool Auctions?
So all those Newnan, GA auctions have closed. If anyone won any of those auctions, please report in on how it went, the quality of the tools, the customer service and all that. I could shoot myself...

Re: Gloat/whine (humor intended)
My name is Dave and I'm an addict too. I buy tools and I don't even have a workshop. Anybody else want to say hi to the group?
14
14

(OT)supper tonight
Supper last night was eggs over medium, sauteed portabella mushrooms, covered with a sauce made of red wine, garlic, butter, cheriso(sp) sausage and sprinkled with feta cheese. We eat well. basilisk
42
42