Subject Author Posted Replies

how much wood can a woodchuck chuck
visited a paint store recently and liked their selection of sandpaper and alothough i have not calculated the price i got some nice sturdy sandpaper that has performed well and found some other...
4
4

Painting Presure Treated Wood
Our house was built about 10 years ago, and pressure treated wood was used for the hand rails. At some point prior to when we bought the house 7 years ago some one painted the rails. They appear to...
4
4

Entry Level Festool
For those that have a limited budget. ;~) Whether for those difficult-to-reach spots or for carrying out minor corrections, the new GRANAT premium hand sanding abrasives ensure you will achieve the...
14
14

Baltic Birch and that outer stuff
To save money I purchased 5 sheets of 1/2" 9 ply birch veneer plywood at Lowe's. It has birch veneers on the outside and one side is preprimed. The inner 7 plies may as well be MDF. I saved $15 per...
15
15

Battery adaptor
For the battery adaptor try: CP

Team USA Curling
It's 01:25 EST. Here's hoping my next post is to congratulate Team USA for winning Olympic Gold. #TeamUSA #TeamShuster #USACurlingGold
9
9

Roller Blade Wheels Lessons Learned
I needed to put a couple cabinets on wheels. I've got some roller blade wheels that look like they'll do the job. Here's the summary of what I've learned: Bearings are 608 size. They're available...

Poplar
More expensive than I expected.
17
17

speaking of batteries
Speaking of batteries How does one go about testing to see if a second hand set of Ryobi 18v batteries are still "good"? These are the green ones, I am not sure right now what type they are (Lithium...
21
21

Batteries
While looking for a replacement battery for some older cordless I stumbled across a person who makes physical adaptors to use the newer 20 volts Li batteries in the older 18volt tools. They are well...
10
10

makita shop equipment
got curious about the planer joiner combo but looks like they no longer make those is makita out of the shop equipment business or did i look at the wrong site see a thickness planer there probably a...

battery power table saw
not satisfied with his explanation for that folder over fence addition is he correct or is there some other reason for that never have liked gimmicks and maybe it is useful but i cannot see it...
13
13

Speaking Of Trim Work...How To Remove?
Well, it is made of wood so... I need to remove about 12' of 3 1/4" shoe base moulding. (It's pretty beat up and I don't feel like stripping/filling it.) The problem is that the bottom 1/4"+ is behind...
41
41

Rigid 18V Nail Gun - Battery Question
Yeah, I remember your post. [Been thinking about that chisel sharpener ever since ;-)] So, 18g is good size? Some things I read said if you were going to own one nailer, an 18g is a good "all-around"...
12
12

8500 dollar work truck
prefer the 1953 model maybe too much tire black but still looks good and no abs lights https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/1953-ford-f250/6460828027.html...