Subject Author Posted Replies

Tips for piping dust collection or air compressor runs
I found this on a photo site: Piping Tip: =95 All pipes are made of a long hole, surrounded by metal or plastic. =95 All pipes are to be hollow throughout the entire length, do not use holes longer...
10
10

Jet Xacta II woes part II
In another thread I discussed my issue with the new pads and that they are .100" thicker than the originals. The poly glue, Elmers knockoff of Gorilla, seems to be doing the job however, and I have...
3
3

Hearing protection
Along with the posts about planers, How many of us use safety glasses and hearing protection religiously? Occasionally I will skip it, but mostly I use them. Push sticks, I use all the time. I follow...
48
48

Making deep mortises
Hi all, I'm making a large mission-style mirror frame. The sides are 6" wide and will be mortised to receive tenoned 3.5" rails. I'd like to make pinned tenons and in order for the pin to be located...
7
7

OT: Moyers on Gaza (Video Link)
9
9

OT: Hot dang! just found my bifocals
Been looking for 'em since April 2007. Went up in the attic just now and there they were. I hope the rest of 2009 goes as well.
17
17

OT bar codes
Got this in e-mail and thought it was interesting. I offer it for l your interest, check it out and see if it seems correct to you. I checked on my own and would like to know if anyone gets the same...
16
16

Painting MDF?
If you have seen any of my posts before, you'll know that I usually think I know it all but apparently I don't and now I have a few questions. My domain consists of solid wood and the ocassional ply...
23
23

Plans for projects
Hi, All, Just saw a post re Sketchup, and wanted to know if this was good for making plans for a project. SWMBO wants new end tables for the LR, and they must have drawers, shelves, pull outs, and...
45
45

Re: Wood Screw Choice
After visiting the website and seeing the screws, it is no wonder. These are the woodmasters from pan american. They have the doggone serrated threads. They go through wood like the proverbial "hot...
2
2

Shop Lighting Revisited
I have often heard the T8 bulb mentioned as a bright light. Yesterday I helped a friend install a new kitchen fixture that used 4, 4' T8 tubes. I was surprised at their small diameter compared to a...
19
19

Do you know about this?
4
4

OT: SWMBO author dies
SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed --has appeared in this newsgroup now and then if reference to a wife, and the phrase comes from a series of books by Sir John Mortimer. The creator of the "Rumpole of...
11
11

Removing waste before using dovetail jig
Posting again.. I'm curious how you know where to remove the waste before using the jig. I have Leigh D4- do you have to set the piece in the jig first, mark the areas to be cut by tracing the...
1
1

HF MUltifunction tool. . . first impressions.
Yesterday I bought a Multifunction Tool at the local Harbor Freight store. I paid $59.99 for it. I have watched several of the Fein Multitasking tools infomercials for the past year but I just...
19
19