7" dado blade??

I just bought a used Craftsman table saw. Laugh all you want, everything on it was recently upgraded and I got it for the price of the new motor.
Anyhow the dado throat plate says it is for a 7" dado blade. I have only seen 6" & 8". Can I use a 6" with it? Is there such a thing as 7"?
Thanks.
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 03:57:28 +0000, Wade Lippman wrote:

Seven inch stacked dado sets (no carbide tips) were sold by Searz in the olden days. I have one from the early '70's. Today's 6 and 8 inch carbide tipped sets will work better than the old stuff, and last much longer between sharpenings.
-Doug
Wade Lippman wrote:

You should be able to use the 6" without any problem. You'll be able to use the 8", but may not be able to raise the blade all the way before it hits the plate.
--
Chris Merrill