7-1]4 Inch Circular saw blade

I see lots of opinions and reviews on 10" blades for tablesaws, but I don't ever recall any reviews on blades for handheld circular saws. I'm looking for something that would be a good general purpose blade mostly to break down sheet goods. Anyone have a suggestion or pointer to some reviews?

Scott M

Reply to
Jeffrey Scott McAuley

I think the Freud Diablo gets pretty good user reviews. Actually Forrest makes one and no doubt it would be pretty darn good till you screwed it up. Circular saw blades tend to be abused more so than the ones that are in a TS. They are much easier to bend by not going in a straight line.

Reply to
Leon

...it "wiggles"...that's why I'm not so enthused with the Diablo, although it's a fine blade and goes a long way. Maybe it's because I use a Skillsaw, that due to it's heft and leverage by design, allows one to put a lot of side pressure on a blade if you're not careful. I like a full 1/8" blade, and there are plenty out there to choose from...Oldham makes a good line. I just bought a Marathon that may be under 1/8" (I haven't measured...just konked it a couple of times with my knuckle and it *sounded* and felt right) but stayed the course through at least one day of framing-type work...so far; excellent. If you're cutting sheet goods alot, Frued makes a dynamite 40 tooth 1/8" blade that'll get you some pretty clean cuts...shoot, for the price these days, buy a few...figure which one you like best...and keep the others for spares.

cg

Reply to
Charlie Groh

Unless we are cutting decking, this is the only blade I buy anymore. On my best saw using a guide, these blades don't even leave saw blade marks. I get a couple of months (or more) out of one.

They are >>much more

Reply to
nailshooter41

I have been very happy with a cheap Piranaha blade from B&D available pretty much anywhere.

can get them for < $5 at the Borg.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

I like the Freud blades but making a few of these will make you and your saw a LOT happier.

at least two of these:

Make one 96" and make another one 48".

and follow a few of the follow> I see lots of opinions and reviews on 10" blades for tablesaws, but I

Reply to
Pat Barber

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 19:35:57 +0000, Pat Barber wrote (in article ):

I've used something similar (simpler) for routing, but never thought about the saw thing - now I'm gonna have to go and buy a circular saw too, dammit !! :-)

Reply to
Bored Borg

Does anybody know why B&D stopped making the old-style Piranha blades with the Teflon coating and curved carbide tips? How much better were they than the current Piranhas with the flat-faced tips?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Probably the cost of the carbide tips. The curved ones were considerable longer.

Reply to
Leon