6mm shank router bits

I just inherited lots of my dads tools - and had them shipped from Europe... The voltage difference isn;t so much of an issue with 220v in my shop, but finding parts of course is.
I'm now looking for 6mm shank router bits for a small Bosch POF400A router (440W). I've looked online for a while now, to no avail - I did not even find any European online stores for this.
Anybody know a source for these?
Pieter

You could ask Bosch; I have found them reasonably responsive.
I presume you have tried 1/4" and found them too small. (it is only .3mm)
A 1/4 inch bit is 6.35 mm (milimeter) diameter Conversion is 25.4 mm per inch.
John V

router
Hi Pieter, Pieter Ruiter wrote:

Look at the Festool site.....for some reason that sticks in my mind. www.festool-usa.com

I would check a machining supply house MSC Industrial maybe, why couldn't you get a collet to fit your router. In our shop a 6mm size collet for a lathe is called a 6-5 it measures .236 in. dia. Or if you need to I can have a split bushing type collet made for you in our machine shop. I understand the business side of the metal removal business. I am not a tool maker. Email me off the group and I can discuss it with you. Ken Lamb klamb<at>kremininc.com http://www.kremininc.com
are you sure it is 6mm. 8mm is the euro standard and they are available.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JLucas ILS) writes:

Both sizes are common in Europe.
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:19:12 GMT, Pieter Ruiter

alternatively you could ask bosch if they can sell you inch size collets for the router.