6mm shank router bits

I just inherited lots of my dads tools - and had them shipped from Europe... The voltage difference isn;t so much of an issue with 220v in my shop, but finding parts of course is.

I'm now looking for 6mm shank router bits for a small Bosch POF400A router (440W). I've looked online for a while now, to no avail - I did not even find any European online stores for this.

Anybody know a source for these?

Pieter

Reply to
Pieter Ruiter

You could ask Bosch; I have found them reasonably responsive.

I presume you have tried 1/4" and found them too small. (it is only .3mm)

Reply to
Toller

Look at the Festool site.....for some reason that sticks in my mind.

Joseph Crowe

I would check a machining supply house MSC Industrial maybe, why couldn't you get a collet to fit your router. In our shop a 6mm size collet for a lathe is called a 6-5 it measures .236 in. dia. Or if you need to I can have a split bushing type collet made for you in our machine shop. I understand the business side of the metal removal business. I am not a tool maker. Email me off the group and I can discuss it with you. Ken Lamb klambkremininc.com

Ken Lamb

alternatively you could ask bosch if they can sell you inch size collets for the router.

Reply to
Bridger

are you sure it is 6mm. 8mm is the euro standard and they are available.

Reply to
JLucas ILS

Both sizes are common in Europe.

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

A 1/4 inch bit is 6.35 mm (milimeter) diameter Conversion is 25.4 mm per inch.

John V

Reply to
JohnV