Subject Author Posted Replies

Compressed Air
While that works for some, it doesn't work for all.
36
36

Dovetail gauge lines: leave 'em or not?
I like to see the lines. It means hand-crafted, and I'm a fan of that. When I see the layout lines on a piece of used furniture, it makes me pause and admire in a way that machine joints never do....
8
8

Free wood in England
Wonder if the salt would be bad or good. Good - fungus won't grow... Hum - might be reasonable after all ! When overseas - south Pacific - we had a Typhoon bring in a tall mast. It was 70 or so feet...
24
24

Good info on UHMW - what about phenolic?
Since we're searching for low cost sources (and having some success) what about suppliers for sheets of phenolic for something less than the price of gold? I don't see why it should cost $25 to $50 to...
25
25

Tool chest on sale at HF
In the belief that you can never have too many tools or enough places to keep them, I was interested to see this 11-drawer 3-piece tool chest in a Harbor Freight coupon flyer that came a couple of...
12
12

ping: surplusdealdude (Eric)
I think this might be worth its own thread... Eric, elsethread you said "I sell UHMW and have cut it for more than 10 years." Please consider yourself invited to toot your horn - a lot of woodworkers...
4
4

UHMW source
Anyone have a good (reasonable) source for UHMW? Looking for 1/2 & 3/4" thick by 4" wide by 36" or better long. Bigger is OK too, I have a saw :)
10
10

Scrollsaw blades breaking
Hi all, I've been trying to scroll some 1/4" Hackberry using a #3MS blade on my Delta Q3. The #3 blade seems to be the perfect size for what I'm cutting, but I'm having a heck of a time with blades...
9
9

Panasonic Battery Charger Update
Recapping: On Nov. 26th 2008I took one of three Panasonic Battery Chargers in to the only "authorized" Panasonic Repair Center within 60 or so miles. A week later I took in another charger figuring...
17
17

zero clearance insert
Got some insert blanks for the new table saw. They are made out of UHMW. I have a WWII blade and I'm wondering how much running the blade through this UHMW will it dull the blade. Don't want to do it...
29
29

OT mostly, but not totally
Ok, I used my dust collector today. but in a different way. For about 14 years I have bee procrastinating over the purchase of one of those ceiling fan wands that are electrostatically charged and...
21
21

Re: OT/: sometimes I play with pictures.
Regards, Tom Watson http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/ World's largest collection of cat memes and other animals
1
1

New season of NYW
The 2009 season of New Yankee Workshop is about to happen. From the website:
39
39

Re: More Reaction to CPSIA
>> Len Here is a copy of a letter by a rep of a county chamber of commerce I thought was interesting. I wonder how much of the congress critters response is for show? I know as of Feb 10 I will no...

More Reaction to CPSIA
Looks like letter wrting to the Congress Critters is starting to get their attention. http://republicans.energycommerce.house.gov/Media/File/News/1.21.09_CPSIA_Letter_to_Henry_%20Waxman.pdfLen
7
7