Subject Author Posted Replies

crapsman tools
I was wondering if there was a list of the manufactures that make craftsman power tools. thanx bill
13
13

Rockler 10% off
"Leon" wrote I have an Ace Hardware about ten minutes away that is great. Lots of helpful, knowlegable employees. Then a new Ace Hardware opens up just down the street from me. I thought this was...
16
16

Hardwood Supply
If it's Texas, just wait for the next big flood. And pick your lumber out of the debris piles.
28
28

Putting off buying a router raiser for the table? A gloat!
I'm a woodworker whose techniques rely on the router table, but as a retiree on a strict budget, $2-300 for a raiser seemed out of my price range. This past weekend, sent me an e-mail advertising the...
10
10

Let's see the ATF regulate THIS
Video of sawdust-fueled cannon
24
24

A question about finishing mahogany
I am doing my first project using mahogany. I am using a wood filler before I apply an oil finish. I bought a wood filler product from Rockler. The instructions say to sand after the filler has dried...
22
22

Message for Robert Bonomi
Robert, your e-mail from Wayne Davis is bouncing back because 'the disk is full.' Please fix so he can resend.

I neede one of these!
16
16

Has anyone used Old Masters water based poly?
I have had Old Masters water based poly recommended to me for its UV protection. Of course no clear finish can *stop* UV damage but this is supposed to be better than others. Has anyone tried it long...
4
4

FA:Dupli-Carver Mesa, AZ
Nice Terrco T110 Dupli-Carver: take a look at my other items, PC 7518, router fences, Dynabrade sanders etc. Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras,...

FA: PC 7518 & Two Bases, Mesa, AZ
Porter Cable 7518 with 2 bases in excellent condition: see my other auctions: http://tinyurl.com/c7znq6Please

Tung oil on plywood
We are using Tung oil to finish a cabinet made using beech plywood. It is the type that has a very thin layer of wood followed with a layer of MDF to make it smooth. It looks great for a surface, but...
3
3

OT: When you know you're had too much beer.
Try this one: in Houston http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=ibc%20root%20beer&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wv#Dave...
4
4

Trivet Finish -- First Test Results
As a simple test, I took a 3/4" x 5" x 9" sheet of walnut, did a quick sanding, and then coated each of the two surface faces with a different brand of Tung Oil. Two nights ago, we took a 2 qt pot of...

Woodcraft operates two "separate" stores
That's the case for many brick and motor stores, even national non-franchise stores. Many have different online and in-store specials. Greg M
16
16