Subject Author Posted Replies

Are There Any Galoots Still Around?
Just wondering.
48

Drawing With Ketchup
I've been reading with some interest that some of y'all have been trying to draw cabinets and such with Ketchup, so I decided to try it for myself I found it to be messy and difficult to use for this...
46
46

Pattern Router Bit
Is there a general/all-purpose size pattern bit which would be beneficial to own? I would like to have a range of different sizes, but for now, I would like to start with a basic one then go from...
2
2

Header Support Question
While this is a little off topic, I am guessing that someone in the group has had some experience in something similar. I am in the middle (or closer to the end) of a kitchen renovation project, and...
3
3

Hit Parade?
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/it_aint_your_money_to_spend/
13
13

OT: One serious hunk of global warming.
I have crossed this lake many times. One night, it was so calm, the water so mirror-like, that the stars in the sky reflected downward into the water, effectively doing away with any sense of the...
9
9

Anybody ever bought one of these drop kits from Penn State?
If anyone has bought one of these kits: 'd like to get some clarification on exactly which parts are included because the web site is rather fuzzy... For example, a "blast gate" included, but they...
2
2

Liquid Nails
I have recently tried a tube of the Selleys Liquid Nails High strength construction Adhesive. It is clear in colour so is good for my projects. It seems to bond really well and any excess can be...

Cost Reduced Freud SD208 Dado Set
I bought a Freud SD208 dado set from Rockler earlier in the week. It was locked in a glass cabinet and I didn't take a good look until I got home. This is the new version with silver blades instead of...
1
1

Iturra Design?
I haven't been able to reach Iturra Design to place an order. Any idea what's going on with them?

Table Saw Blade won't Tighten
I have a Ridgid TS2424 table saw, that, up until today I have been very happy with. But today the following happened which I can only explain one way. I normally use a thin kerf 10 blade with this...
72
72

New Grizzly cabinet saws
I am thinking about replacing my old (original Artisan 63) contractor saw with a Grizzly cabinet saw. I have had fine results dealing with Grizzly, better in fact than with Delta or Powermatic. Lots...
3
3

Sketchup - FWIW - Plugins for woodworkers
Strictly FWIW: A couple of woodworking specific plug-ins that may be of interest can be downloaded at: I have downloaded them and briefly tested, but have not put these through their paces. Although...
3
3

Freud router
I popped for the $99 Freud on sale on Woodcraft and must say I'm disappointed. Here's why: 1. There's way too much slop in the above table depth adjustment. The slop isn't just verticle. The bit...
8
8

My future is PM66, but Ridgid for now?
Hi, I'm a starting woodworker. I've done a lot of research and I think that there is a PM66 in my future. But right now I want to buy an intermediate saw. Home Depot has Ridgid ZRTS3650 (new, not...
6
6