Subject Author Posted Replies

Pictures of My Router Table Upgrade (for David & others on dialup)
For those would can't watch the video because you're on dial-up...

Free to good home birdseye maple - Columbus Ohio
An acquaintance on another site has A LOT of mild birdseye maple vernier he wishes to give away. Maybe 6 4' x 8' sheets. If you are within travel distance check this out:
1
1

round drop leaf side table three leg
Over a year a go (or more) I saw an article in one of the popular woodworking magazines. It was for a rounsd side table with 3 leafs that I guess you could call it a triangurlar table. Also it had 3...
2
2

a decent bow-saw
anyone know where to buy one? I use it for cutting ones I have found won't keep their shape and as a result the blade will stick. I would like to pay a bit more to get one of better quality. I am in...
5
5

Need help staining maple veneer..!
My sister works part-time as an interior designer and helped design a large number of built-ins for a new construction project. They were built with maple veneer plywood by the contractor. The...
6
6

Materials for practice net frame
I want to make a simple frame for a backyard practice net for golf shots. My design, which I am trying to model in SketchUp, will have a back frame, two side frames, and a top frame. The back frame...
19
19

piano refinishing
I've acquired a antique piano made of mahogany I believe. The original stain must have faided and sometime during its life a newer darker stain was applied. I'd like to remove all of the stains as...
9
9

Mounting an arbor our trellis - setting the posts?
I am building a few trellises and arbors from cedar and I will need to fasten them to the ground. Of course I could treat and bury the supporting members but I prefer to avoid this here where the soil...
6
6

OT: Memorial Day (Today)
For those of you who are citizens of the USA. Hope you have taken a moment to remember why we have this day. Lew
25
25

twenty years of schooling and they put you on the dayshift...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- May 24, 2009 The Case for Working With Your Hands By MATTHEW B. CRAWFORD The television show ?Deadliest Catch? depicts...
35
35

Proposed SnileyCon
17
17

O/T: Perks of Reaching 50 and Beyond
From some one who should know. Enjoy Lew ==================================== Perks of reaching 50 or being over 60 and heading towards 70! 01. Kidnappers are not very interested in you. 02. In a...
12
12

Stripping filigree - use gun cleaning brushes
Those little brass brushes can really get into the nooks and crannies - they go down to .17 caliber. Perfect for getting into tight corners of wrought and cast iron filigree. JP
2
2

Simple cad/design software?
Can anyone recommend a simple cad-like program for making simple 3D designs? It doesn't need to be free. From time to time I want to build something for home use. I usually use paper and pencil, but...
52
52

Video of My Router Table
This has the Harbor Freight fence and the base is from a store-bought sheet metal router table, that I've had for years. I took the cheap aluminum top off and put on a plywood box top, with a melamine...
9
9