Subject Author Posted Replies

Molder Planer info
Hi folks I thought I might do a bit of unsolicited review for this Product If You haven't seen or heard of it before. I was an past employee of 10 years there , 2-5 year stints as a Machinist A...

The W& H Moulder Planer
Hi folks I thought I might do a bit of unsolicited review for this Product If You haven't seen or heard of it before. I was an past employee of 10 years there , 2-5 year stints as a Machinist...

Pyrography or Pyrogravure
Has anyone seen this kind of stuff I had about 50 hours into this job Symetrycally but not Identically Duplicating the other damaged and partially missing side Needless to say I lost my shirt and...
5
5

Floor molding advice needed.
I have a new wall dividing a room made with steel studs, like you would see on most commercial jobs. Problem is with the floor molding attachment. I know nails should be fairly worthless there, or so...
15
15

quality bandages
i use them from time to time but have found the quality has gone down i had a large stock but the replacements are not as good anyone find a bandage that will stay put even if it gets wet these new...
31
31

new to me
did not know shellac is made from bugs not sure i have ever used shellac but that was a surprise to learn so now i can diy shellac by raising bugs now i wonder if i can alter the final color by...
22
22

More Burnt Wood Finishing-- his time a cabinet.
A while back, I posted a pic of the burnt shelves I made for the Pub my friend owns. They have this really awkward L-shape space behind the bar that nothing will fit into, so I'm making a custom open...
39
39

Rope clamping
Here's a trick my Grandfather taught me how to clamp chair legs if You do n ot have Clamps. Also I failed to illustrate that he weighted the seat to gl ue on the legs beneath it then wrapped waxpaper...
9
9

work truck
bollinger is thinking about a four door model of their electric truck if not mentioned already still no firm price but it will be high and at or above top tier pickups but all truck makers benefit...
5
5

Shellac Flat
I an very interested in a product I have not Yet Tried = "Shellac Flat" Which dulls shellac This would be handy on some older worn shellac finishes requiring less gloss. SHELLAC FLAT #7080 /SHELLAC...

A few updates
5 pics, scroll right. Progress on the cypress chairs: Shouldn't be too long before I'm ready to start gluing things together..... on 4 chairs only. I haven't been working on the 5th chair. I still...
6
6

Nice Natural Stains
Thru the years I have discovered some nice natural stain recipes but I am always searching for more. Black or dark Vinegar and Steel wool Get a jar fill it 3/4 with white vinegar add about 1/3 of a...
8
8

Wood Work on DIY
If any of you watch Fixer Upper, you know Clint Harp. He has his own show now on DIY network. Starts Wednesday 5/9 Clint Harp from
7
7

flip top
clever and saves space dual purpose is good especially when there is no compromise for either I build a Flip Top Tool Stand combining two tools in the same stand frees up space in an already cramped...
2
2

making bags
all the bags i have seen were just one material there is usually drinking involved so losing not a big issue
3
3