Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: How bad is the ECONOMY?
How bad is the economy? It's so bad women are having sex with men because they can't afford batteries. Jim P
12
12

OT: Automotive politics.
Gee, how nice was that? The writing's been on the wall for years: GM would have to declare bankruptcy if it had any hope of restructuring in order to survive in the long-term. And
5
5

What to use under ipe (ironwood, etc.)?
Hello all. I'm working on an arbor to "frame" a set of French doors on the front of our house. It is a simple design of Craftsman/Asian influence. I've worked with Ipe before on an outdoor bench and...
28
28

Compressor Leakage
I have a new Campbell Hausfeld 60 gal. compressor that doesn't want to maintain any pressure over a period of time. If I run the compressor and bring it up to pressure, then turn off the motor, within...
8
8

design my box
I need to build a box for SWMBO. It will be used for storing poster boards, maps, etc. She currently has them stored in a cardboard box similar to this: 'm thinking of using 1/4" plywood and...
10
10

Heat Dissipation?
May be quality equipment. I built a small center to house my electronics and to set my TV on. All the supporting electronics, Amp/tuner, DVD burner, DVD/CD player and HD DVR all live behind closed...
41
41

Oh boy, I've got a pile of cherry...
Now I've done it. We recently had to take down a very big black cherry tree on our property for fear limbs would fall off and hit the house or a car. Anyway, I asked the guy if there was any chance I...
14
14

Dedicated Clamping Cauls
Quite some time ago I had Morris make me up a clamping caul "template". Basically it's a 48" long piece of Masonite with a curve cut on one edge to a radius of 2000.5 (inches, I believe). The goal was...
20
20

Attaching muntins--follow-up
I took the advice offered here and mortised the muntins into the frame. I then routed out rabbets for the glass panes using a rabbetting bit with a bearing guide. I made the muntin 15/16 inch wide, so...

Another test car that did not make the grade

OT shameless promotion
I have a young artist that I am trying to help be seen, she does really nice work. Callies pages are part of my site, I have zero financial interest in her artwork, designing her site or hosting her...
10
10

Wood for screen door?
I want to build a 1930's or 40's style screen door complete with bronze screen like the one at the cabin we visited as kids in northern Michigan. The door closed with a nice loud whak. I'm looking for...
30
30

Familiar looking tool
http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Item_Pizza-Pro-3000_CC9762_ps_srm.html
14
14

Matching a finish
I finally got around to building that blanket chest my wife swears I promised her 20 years ago. I prefer to leave the wood natural with only a clear finish, but she wanted the chest to match the...
1
1

Center vs Offset Pivot Hinge
Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and an aspiring hobbyist cabinet maker. I'll be building an installed bookcase wall in July with one segment being a hidden door to the garage. I'll be using a pivot...
5
5