Subject Author Posted Replies

another rotary phase converter question
Hey All, This is just out of curiousity as I have no 3 phase machines to run. Does it matter if the speeds of the two motors - converter and tool - are different? Would you be able to use a 1725 RPM...
2
2

Ikea hidden passageway
Ikea is making a bookcase that doubles as a secret door. Or maybe you use their bookcases to construct the hidden passage. Anyway: the secret room is smaller than the entrance room. For that reason,...
4
4

O/T: Ode To The Fart
To complement jo4hn's post. Enjoy Lew ======================================== A fart is a pleasant thing, It gives the belly ease, It warms the bed in winter, And suffocates the fleas. A fart can be...
12
12

Maybe OT - cutting granite
Got a nice piece of granite (1 3/4") to use as my bas for sandpaper sharpening system, but I need to square it up. How do I cut granite? Is it time to find a counter top guy who has a diamond blade or...
16
16

OT: World's Shortest Fairy Tale
Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl 'Will you marry me?' The girl said, 'NO!!!!' And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles and went fishing and hunting and played golf a lot and drank...
2
2

running a 5 hp motor on a "3 hp max single motor" ROTARY CONVERTER
have a saw (unisaw, actually) I need to run. need to rip some 2x4's, to a few various widths) if I put a BRAND new blade on the saw, 24 tooth, what do you suppose would happen if I try to start the...
19
19

Need Art Deco Inspiration? Check THIS site out
Posted over at Wood Central, thought some here might find this site inspiring. b http://www.pollaro.com/sitemap.phpcharlie
2
2

Okay to mix Transtint liquid dye with oil-based poly?
I've used it in linseed oil with no problems. In fact I was using a recipe by jeff Jewett himself...
4
4

RE: Roll Top Desk
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:6pB3m.2277$9l4.1007 The monitor is the biggest issue with a roll top. They tend to sit higher than the roll top rolls, so with a monitor on the desk, it won't close. If you...
33
33

O/T: Ho Hum
Lets see, Letterman makes a comment about her daughter that, if he had made it about mine I would have had a piece of his hide. She calls him on it. That is insulting him. Tis a strange world we have...
83
83

Happy camper
I finally had reason to try out my n3ew (to me)Delta thickness planer as I needed to bring a 3/4 inch board down to 5/8. Sweet!!! Now I have another reason to get a decent dust collection system....
1
1

OT - CNN Breaking News
That's really sick, Ron.. I love it.. I pasted it into Facebook, to see if I could be the local shit-disturber this morning.. mac Please remove splinters before emailing
6
6

Wenge and yellow interior
I have worked with Wenge many times before, with some yellow inside that does turn brown pretty quickly.. I have some 8/4 now that has a lot of yellow inside... I feel confident that it will turn...
1
1

Full Woodworking shop tools for sale (predominantly Delta)
Yeah, I just heard that CS has canceled its 4th of July fireworks show, laid off 200 city workers, only like 3 people left in the public works department and all they do is fill pot-holes. It's not as...
5
5

FS: 3 HP Delta Unisaw motor.
This motor is from Delta. I have had it for many years but it has never been used or even attached to a saw. I am in Colorado Springs, CO. Please email me at if Interested. Accepting reasonable...