Subject Author Posted Replies

Help needed: delta Miter Stand (36-136)
I just bought one of these (their folding miter saw stand) from Amazon. I need to determine if a structural piece is bent or not (the box arrived slightly damaged, and a trim piece near the item in...
2
2

Oak Veneer Plywood Quality
I have built countless projects from hardwood veneer ply over the years with pretty good success.....until lately. I expect the veneer on ply to stain with a little softer grain definition than solid...
3
3

Building a mast
Shiver me timbers, but I'm going to be in the position this fall of building a mast for the new (old) sailboat I've acquired for next-to- nothing. The boat is sound, but the mast is glued together and...
11
11

Off Topic: Here is a man whose life was more meaningful than Michael Jackson's
for your dining pleasure) Retired chairman of Oscar Mayer Foods dead at 95 10 hours ago MADISON, Wis. (AP) =97 Oscar G. Mayer, retired chairman of the Wisconsin- based meat processing company that...
35
35

OT: It's Nearly Over
It took every news carrier in the country one week to tell us Michael was dead and what a great guy he was. The buried him yesterday. They will spend the next week telling us about the funeral. Then,...
29
29

Plumber's tape needed?
Oh yeah...teflon tape definately...actually makes tightening them a bit smoother, also helps makes the connection air tight.
87
87

I want a planner that will do this!
Five Quarter Oak WANTED - $1 (SARATOGA) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?] Date: 2009-07-07, 5:35PM EDT Looking...
5
5

RE: American Workshop Program
Subject show on a PBS station here. Much as I tried, couldn't make it past about half way. That show makes you truly appreciate the first class writing and camera work found on NYW. Lew
29
29

Polished Bronze
I am making a sign for house numbers. I planned to use the standard bronze numbers from the local hardware store. Could some recommend what they should be coated with to extend their life. ie. wax,...
4
4

Porter's Bed
Hey group! I made this bed from cherry for my three year old son Porter. All of the joinery consists of floating tenons including the slats. I was able to find some really nice spalted cherry for a...
9
9

Request for time capsule closure ideas
I have volunteered to make a box for a our town historical society's anniversary celebration. The box will be used to store a time capsule to be opened in 50 years. It is to be stored in the "History...
9
9

Gloat (ish)
So I have finally arrived at the income level where I can drop $0.5k on a tool and not be under the credit card burden for nine months... Guess I should feel really lucky... most people are...
3
3

Google
I have a feeling Google has finally driven me out of rec.woodworking. I don't know what they THINK they did, but as of yesterday, every time I open a thread, I get told I need to sign in to post a...
48
48

OT: I missed you guys... somewhat woodworking related.
That's some huge Lee Valley store there in Ottawa... like almost HEADQUARTERS size, eh? That was on the way back from a quick visit to Ottawa's Jazz Festival..and THAT was on the way back from The...
4
4

Sorta OT-ish Air Compressors as seen ...
Air compressor as seen by my cohorts at Some are kinda funny. Photoshop this air compressor