Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Irish/Texas joke.
[snip pretty good joke] A Texan on holiday is strolling through the heathers and the fens and the bogs of Ireland, just enjoying the day (although admittedly not as good as a day back in Amarillo)...
2
2

Last day for LVT free shipping
Heads up. I just happened to go on the Lee Valley site, and it says free shipping to canada & continental US until July 19th. Get your order in. Luigi
2
2

Router letter template on wood laminate?
I'm thinking of getting one of these: have one? Good or bad comments about it? I plan to use it with a PC-690 router. For the project I have in mind, I envision making a laminate of two different...
4
4

Heads up, $500 Unisaw
Just wanted to make note of an ad I saw on is 3 phase but $500... Usual disclaimer, not relation to seller, etc. I just didn't want anyone looking for a saw in this area to miss it.
10
10

FA Edwardian Woodcarvers Manual woodcarving 1902
Wood Carving ,As An Aid to the Study of Elementary Art by Frank G Jackson 1902 Georgeous Edwardian wood carvers craft manual with delightful illustrations throughout. VGC. Advanced work for the most...

FA Spindle Moulding machine woodworking spindling manual
Spindle Moulding by A H Haycock 1st ed. 1952 ,boards a tiny bit faded,otherwise a nice copy. 124 pages. Extremely thorough and comprehensive manual on traditional machine spindle work with lots of...

finally have a gloat!
I went to a yard sale today... got the following 2 files, a package of veneer samples from constantines, a book of joinery by Tage Freid, and a starrett micrometer $1.20! my only regret is that I got...
1
1

Akeda Jig -- first impressions
My Akeda jig arrived this week and I had the opportunity to set it up and do some test cuts in preparation for drawer construction. First impressions - This is a beefy piece of equipment and well...
1
1

Eagle Scout project complete!
My son A.J. finished his Eagle Scout project today: construction and installation of the Stations of the Cross on the grounds of Cardinal Ritter High School (his alma mater) and St. Michael's Catholic...
83
83

Medicine Cabinet
I'm designing a cabinet for above the sink in the bathroom. The cabinet part will be either box-joints or dovetails, about 38 " x3 3/4" x 18". The door will be flush with the walls of the cabinet, ~...
9
9

A question about procedure
I just purchased a bunch of rough cherry lumber. I'm going to be making new cabinet doors and drawer fronts for my kitchen. The rails and stiles are 2" wide and 3/4" thick. The length varies from...
13
13

OT: Walter
Does anyone think Walter Cronkite will get more press time than Michael did? Who had a greater impact on our history, not just the way it was presented? RonB
12
12

Gluing wood
Any opinions wanted on how I have been gluing wood. I have been using Tite Bond yellow with good results. I moisten slightly both surfaces with water. Then a thin coat of glue brushed on both surfaces...
20
20

Marking gauge poll: results in
Marking gauge poll results are in. (Not very many votes) And the winner is (drum roll please)...wheel style cutter. Please don't forget your door prizes on the way out. POLLS: What style marking gauge...
6
6

Routers- plunge vs other kind
I am replacing my 20 year old 1Hp Craftsman router. It is the type that adjusts the depth by loosening the base clamp & spinning the ring. Other than mortising what are the typical...
14
14