Subject Author Posted Replies

JOAT?
His web page is gone... Does anyone know if the crotchety old coot is still sacrificing to the WW gods?
18
18

Kinda OT:Garage doors
Luigi Zanasi wrote in news: I like the Formula 1 race car one!!
3
3

How would you?
I'm looking for any suggestions on a little project we have to do in a week or so. This project is basically removing old countertops on a bar so that they can be replaced with granite. The old tops...
44
44

4x4 pieces from a cherry log?
I have a good shot at getting about half of a cherry log that's roughly 16 inches by 16 feet, give or take. My friend hasn't measured it but he's got a good eye. If it works out I'll be splitting it...

FS:Powermatic model 719A Mortiser
For sale: Powermatic Model 719A hollow chisel mortiser with 5 chisels and mobile base. This machine is in pristine condition and has never been used in a production shop. It is currently being sold as...

Are Dovetail Joints becoming a thing of the past?
I just read the post on the Akida Jig, and my first impression was that it looks really cool, and easy to use, and is way out of my budget (especailly when you add shipping). But, I have to ask myself...
30
30

Spray Finish Recommendations
Currently looking to get several recommendations for a spray on finish for some cabinet drawer fronts and doors. Will be applying a natural stain on cherry and would like to know recommendations for...
22
22

Update on gluing wood.
When I first started WWing, I clamped things as tight as I could. No failures. Later, I read that was wrong, and you shouldn't over clamp. I tried less clamping pressure and you guessed it, no...
16
16

@##$%$%^ splitter/blade guard
Am I the only one in the world who has given up trying to adjust the splitter/ blade guard on my Delta Hybrid table saw? I finally removed it today. It's not my fault. The guys on the "Woodsmith Shop"...
8
8

A Cleaver Idea
Was watching an old "What is it" segment of "Ask this old house" the other night. A viewer had sent in a working prototype of his idea. A circular piece of wood 1/2"-3/4" thick with a group of 3/8"...
43
43

Banister returns
My staircase makes a 90-degree turn halfway down. Two bannisters, unconnected, are mounted on one side. The ends of the bannisters are "open" and out of building code. Is it customary to attach "wall...
2
2

OT: The Hangman's Tree - Chapter One - A Brief Introduction
(This story is about how a cabinetmaker comes to make some items out of some interesting wood. It is a work in progress. Here is a little bit of it.) "Walnut Hill" came to our township at the cost of...
2
2

unisaw: only for guys who bought a BRAND NEW one! (1st owners only, please)
this post is directed ONLY to unisaw owners who bought their saws BRAND NEW, *not* 'used' (like I did). *or* for folks who actually WORKED on delta's assembly line BUILDING the unisaws. folks who...
8
8

tool advise
George (aka Bumhead)
5
5

O/T: One for the Old Guys
Coming up 18, The British Open, golf's oldest tournament, was Tom Watson's to lose. At 59, he was giving the performance of his life, having lead at the end of every round. Players less than half his...